+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    Ha - Vic is way to freakin cold!
    I should move there.. love the cold! Can't stand the heat at all!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (30-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are originally from qld and did the move to Victoria and now we are back in brissy, if it were up to me i would of moved back to Victoria by now, we were only there for 18 months but was the best 18 months ever, the main things i found different in victoria to qld were:
    * People are sooooo much nicer
    * Loved the cold weather
    * Driver's actually followed the road rules
    * Less arrogance
    * Less incompetence in businesses and shops

The actually moving though was a huge hassle back to qld, but when we moved down there we got rid of alot of stuff and just brought what we needed when we got down there.

In regards to Rocky i would prob venture to google maps and have a look around there on there first lol well anywhere between brisbane and townsville you might want to have a better look at before moving there, I had to move to Mackay for 2 years for work and well i was lied to about that place lol and escaped the moment i was able to, websites can be verrrrrrrry deceiving.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fairy82 For This Useful Post:

Glover  (30-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I lived in Rocky for a couple of years...I'm not a fan.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah Rocky isn't the nicest place in qld. It's quite brown and it gets very hot in summer. Yeppoon is nice but a bit out of town

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh goodness, this really makes me think.
    I don't mind the heat.
    I do want a friendly environment, but want to be near the coast, so yeppoon or Emu Park is looking more appealing.
    we both have VERY good job opportunities up there, I am awaiting a job offer for a postgraduate position- with a full scholarship and good pay
    I much rather live in an area that is a bit "off the grid" where we can have our dogs, be on a bit of land, and where I can swim to my heart's content.
    I may have to start work in October, so our thoughts were for me to rent a room for a few months and suss it out- while keeping our home here in Vic till we're "sure"
    I'd have a two and half year commitment to role as well

I appreciate this so much, and it has given me a great deal to think about.

Do Yeppoon and Emu Park have decent schools? My kids are fairly resilient, but DS has a mild learning disability.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an old friend at Emu Park, we haven't kept in contact of late but last time we spoke she had her son attending a little country primary school with 30 kids all up. This maybe terrible or fantastic for special needs in regards to teacher/child ratio.

We just moved a few months ago from Brisbane to lower NSW coast and I'm missing the warmth terribly. If I was moving up there I would go to the coast and just travel into Rocky for work

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovejoypeace For This Useful Post:

Glover  (01-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

achoo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovejoypeace View Post
    I have an old friend at Emu Park, we haven't kept in contact of late but last time we spoke she had her son attending a little country primary school with 30 kids all up. This maybe terrible or fantastic for special needs in regards to teacher/child ratio.

We just moved a few months ago from Brisbane to lower NSW coast and I'm missing the warmth terribly. If I was moving up there I would go to the coast and just travel into Rocky for work
    This helps-

achoo!