+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    For the first year with both kids of breastfeeding I have this tiny voice in my head wailing "if you don't give me carbs I'll die!!!" often sweet cravings, specifically cake, sweet bickies etc. Absolutely painful and emotional cravings. It's really frustrating. I tell myself what I'd tell jasper, like "if you're actually hungry you can have an apple" and I have a full adult sized tantrum silently inside my head. So annoying.

Both kids now though around the 12 month mark the cravings gave calmed right down and as a result I can also start to manage my weight.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I tried cutting stuff out and worked that it wasn't anything other than fussiness! So hopefully it's the same.

But yes I craved sugar. After losing 17kg post partum I put 3 back on in 8 weeks as I was eating so much sugar. There is a site that explains if you are craving sugar what you are really craving. I think chocolate is magnesium. So maybe some magnesium rich foods.

Good luck. You do need extra Cals when feeding but I went a bit overtired!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SageS For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (01-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I have a sweet tooth all the time so I'm not sure if it is actually worse when feeding. I have been eating more chocolate lately though.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I'm not really concerned Bout weight- it's falling off me regardless (it's my number 1 love about breast feeding lol) so I don't actually feel guilt about sugar because of the calories... Just about the fussiness.

Hopefully it just is dd being fussy and not related to my diet at all. I have a feeling it may die down around the three month mark if it is just fussiness... Until then I'll just have to try and keep a cap on it... If I can...