+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a change table and still use it with my son who is 2. As for a chair I bought one from ikea which has been a god send, for night feeds when he was younger and now for story time before he goes to sleep. I will then use the chair in the lounge when he has a proper bed and we can read to him in his bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As others have said, put a change mat on top of a set of draws. I think I would have been a cripple without out change table, bending over the bed or on the floor all the time. Dh & I are both tall so it is still used for every change at 17mths

I also love my glider, still bf dd in it. I never fed in bed and rarely on the couch so it is always used

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have 9 week old twins and use our change table heaps! It is on wheels so we put it in our bedroom at night (where bubs are in their cot) and roll it to lounge room during the day so its handy. Definitely useful to have all their gear handy!

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Change table was essential for me, and the times I didn't bother to use it, id start to get a bit of a sore back from bending over (I had back problems during pregnancy).

I'd love to have had a glider chair, but they take up so much room and my house is small.

But they look so cozy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both changing table and gliding chair have been used a lot in the last year and I continue to use them every day. Changing table is great, you have everything you need there, it's a good height for your back, and baby knows what's happening when they lie there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a change mat on top of a chest of draws, I never stuck it down and has slipped around. Although has done us well for the last 10 months so far. next baby I am considering a bath and change table combo, as our bathroom is tiny and had no where to put our flexibath, but on the floor. Bath time wasn't easy.

Our glider chair rarely gets used, MIL bought it as a present, so doubt we will be getting rid of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our change table is in our bathroom. We have 4 baskets for things on it. Nothing is on view and it all looks very neat. Its so much easier to get them out of bath straight onto table and have everythig at hand. Light heating during winter. Also, to have the basin right there at arms reach for those poonami's. No gross nappies in bedrooms - ever. That's just our preference and our bathroom is pretty roomy. It's also in a central spot for both kids, to use whenever. My 2.5yr old is in undies now but occasionally i'll get her dressed on it. It stops her from running off. COULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT MY CHANGETABLE!

I found it impossible to feed, breast or bottle in a rocking chair - too small and restrictive and uncomfortable. I fed in my bed while my babies were still waking during the night. I found i never sat with my babies in their rooms for settling- it was just too boring lol. I walked around with them/sat in lounge with tv on. Or i sat beside the cot, on the floor and settled them in the cot.

In my DS's room (which is a study) we have the cot and a bookshelf converted into a wardrobe with baskets on one shelf for small items like hats, socks, bibs. A rod bolted ontop for hanging space on each side. It has a hutch for blanket/toy storage. Couple baskets under the cot with clothes/toys ect stored away. A feature wall with his name on it and beautiful dark blockout curtains.That's it. I love his room, simple, neat and practicle.
    Last edited by B00ts; 30-08-2013 at 14:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If I had the money I would buy a chest of drawers and put change table on top. A change table was an absolute must for both my kids. Ds2 is 2 and I still use it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My change table was a godsend. Not only was it great for change time but I was able to use the shelves for storage. It also had a safety belt so if I needed to pick something up off the floor or get it from the bottom shelf I had added peace of mid DS couldn't roll off.

It was also a major back saver.

I never had a gliding chair and never wished I had one. I just fed DS on the couch using a feeding pillow. At night I'd feed him on the couch as well, I just purchased a lamp with a low watt bulb so it wasn't to bright. That way DH could keep sleeping (he was working 14hr days at the time) & DS pretty much fed then went straight back to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love my change table We're getting a second one for our second Bub (our current one is in DDs room, she'll be using it for ages yet and I will want to be able to change 2nd Bub while DDs sleeping).
    It's been a back saver and its great to have everything on hand
    We didn't get a glider although I was considering it, when I was breast feeding I just did it in bed

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app