+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default High school reunion

My 10 year reunion is coming up and I'm a bit meh about going.

I've only kept in contact with about 3 people. I'm happy with that.

So, did you go to yours? Why or why not?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't go to mine. It fell on my first wedding anniversary and I didn't care enough to spend the occasion with people I went to school with. I wasnr in touch with any people from school at that point anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Mine was last year and I didn't go. From what I can gather it was just a smallish gathering at the pub closest to the highschool. I don't think many people bothered going.
    Me personally, I just don't care for those sorts of things. I'm still in contact with the people that matter to me and couldn't really care about the others.
    In this day and age you have fb and the likes so catching up or sussing out what people are up to these days is easy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't go to mine (which was last year). Thanks to Facebook I've already caught up on the lives of those I give a rats about. Only real-life friends with a handful of school friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mines this year and I'm not going I haven't stayed in contact with anyone so what's the point I reckon it would just feel awkward the whole night. A chance for people to show off and feel like high school kids again.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    All of the girls I was friends with through primary and high school got into recreational drugs in year 11 so I ditched them all, and really only had 2 real school friends (there were others that I sat with in class or chatted to but not people I've kept in contact with). 1 of the real friends turned out to be a psycho jealous bish so I ditched her too, so have only kept in touch with my best friend. So nope, I wouldn't go to my high school reunion because its likely most of them would be off their heads on extacy (sp?) :-P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yep! Loved it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had our 10 year reunion last year and I don't bother going. They don't bother saying hi in town when you walk past, so what's the difference at a reunion? I gave it a miss and I heard along the grapevine it was crappy anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is this year....who knows if I will even get an invite haha
    I'd love to go just to annoy them all. Lesbian + Christian high school + my pregnant wife = lots of laughs for me

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KnockKnockPenny For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (30-08-2013),JR03  (30-08-2013),just her chameleon  (30-08-2013),michellek  (30-08-2013),MoonMoon  (31-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I went to mine. It was a bit *meh*. I mean it was an ok night but it's not like I reconnected with anyone. It was just like getting back into your old groups, the groups didn't mingle much, and even though I chatted lots to people in my 'group', we haven't stayed in contact at all.

Oh and I only went because my bestie and I went together (from the same school). If either of us couldn't make it, the other wouldn't have gone on their own.