+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Support it 100%. I see it as a violation of human rights that it is not legalised here. I have never understood the idea that it could impact someone else's marriage, frankly I find that ridiculous.
    This

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can't see how it would be a threat to my marriage... So many 'traditional' marriages don't have any mention of god involved these days that religion shouldn't be a factor in deciding if 2 people in love can make that commitment to each other. Equality all the way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Support it 100% also

Thanks
    Reviews
    Support it. You love who you love and why should others dictate who you are allowed to marry. I'm quite embarrassed that as a nation it's still something we talk about. I don't think it's a topic to discuss, it should just be normal to grow up and marry the person you love. I'm hoping as that our children will have the ability to just grow up and fall in love, gender being irrelevant to the discussion.

In not threatened by gay marriage, nor do I think it has any bearing on my marriage.

I have gay relatives and my SIL and her wife are wonderful role models for our marriage, how to love, support, encourage and grow with each other.

The government go on about stimulating the economy, well could you imagine how much cash would be injected into the economy instantly if gay marriage was allowed!

Totally in love with our two beautiful little girls.
    Feb 2011 and May 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    <3 Nanna!

Quote Originally Posted by risfaerie View Post
    An increasing majority of Australians are in support of marriage equality. I honestly cannot see any legitimate reason for gay marriage to be treated any differently to straight marriage.

The only person I know who is "against" gay marriage is my 86 year old grandmother, who thought that she was. She also thinks that my cousin is her niece and that her brother was her son, so I am not entirely convinced that even she really is "against" it. Once she confused a fire escape with toilet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I must have missed something, why is the question being raised about it being a threat to marriage?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Same Sex Marriage

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Caboose View Post
    Do you support same sex marriage? Why/why not? Do you think same sex marriage is a threat to your marriage? Do you presume a persons' partner is of the opposite sex?

I've been with my same sex partner for the last 6 years. We have considered being married in Spain, where my partner is from. Same sex marriage has been legal there since 2005. Unfortunately I don't see the point in us being married until it's recognized here... One day I would like to just be able to just say 'yes' when people ask me if I'm married, rather than having to dodge the question, come out to that person, or even worse lie.
    Yes I do. Because I'm not a bigoted moron.

No I don't think it's a threat to my marriage.

No I don't. I stopped presuming when I started working for a state government department 8 years ago and quickly realised about one third of the employees were gay.

It disgusts me that this is even an issue. And I'm saddened that this election is pretty much done and dusted and that we won't see the marriage Act changed at least for another 3 years. I despise TA so much. TA by name and TA by nature. Keep religion out of it you farquing twit.

Rant over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I support same sex marriage.

I'm also guilty of assuming that when some one talks about their partner that they are referring to some one of the opposite sex.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love is love. Simple.

I completely and utterly support marriage equality.

There is no threat to my marriage from other people being in love and making a commitment to each other.

In fact it makes me sad that there is still a question about whether or not it should be allowed.

Love is love. Simple.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, it's embarrassing that we don't allow it

I don't see how it could possibly be a threat to my marriage

I do tend to assume a persons partner is the opposite sex unless told otherwise (out here it is pretty rare).