+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh, oh, oh!

And don't forget if we allow same sex marriage, people will then want to start marrying inanimate objects or we will be over run by people turning to beastiality!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (16-09-2013),beebs  (16-09-2013),Moose Caboose  (15-09-2013),VicPark  (15-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    Oh, oh, oh!

And don't forget if we allow same sex marriage, people will then want to start marrying inanimate objects or we will be over run by people turning to beastiality!
    Excellent point.

See? Flawless arguments.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

Lillynix  (15-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Because then The Gays would take over the world in their loved-up-legally-recognised-marriages and they might force Gay Marriage on the rest of us. And what would we do then?! I don't want to marry a gay person!
    Oh yes, good point, how silly of me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bleh, all the reasons against are somewhat invalid IMO. People already want to marry inanimate objects and their animals, doesn't mean it will be legalised. Same sex marriage will not influence that fact one iota. As for religion. If gay marriage should be illegal because its against all religions then straight atheists and agnostics should not be able to get married too. And the devout should have to marry only those who share their religion because otherwise one of the couple would be married under a false god and that is against the rules too. And while your at it, no seafood at the wedding unless it is fish with scales or it is unclean. Equality is the only way to go!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (16-09-2013),beebs  (16-09-2013),SassyMummy  (22-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tildy View Post
    Bleh, all the reasons against are somewhat invalid IMO. People already want to marry inanimate objects and their animals, doesn't mean it will be legalised. Same sex marriage will not influence that fact one iota. As for religion. If gay marriage should be illegal because its against all religions then straight atheists and agnostics should not be able to get married too. And the devout should have to marry only those who share their religion because otherwise one of the couple would be married under a false god and that is against the rules too. And while your at it, no seafood at the wedding unless it is fish with scales or it is unclean. Equality is the only way to go!
    I agree. Either marriage is a religious ceremony, exclusively part of the church, (so should have no more legal relevance than a christening.) Or it's not. If it's not then religion should be absolutely and completely irrelevant to the question.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (16-09-2013),beebs  (16-09-2013),FrothyFrog  (16-09-2013),Kirst33  (16-09-2013),Lillynix  (16-09-2013),SassyMummy  (22-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Loulabelle View Post
    If you don't believe in civil same sex marriage you ARE homophobic, you ARE a bigot and you ARE against equality. Dress it up in whatever religious belief you want but I don't believe in your bible, Koran,or any other religious text so why should YOUR beliefs effect MY partner and my family????(
    Yes, this - 100%!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Some compassion and thoughtfulness about what people think and write in regards to same sex couples and families would be the "Christian" way to act!!!!
    Although I don't attend church (never really felt comfortable anywhere), I consider myself to be a Christian. I agree with what you have written 100%. It never ceases to amaze me how religious (or more specifically Christian in this case), people excuse their discrimination in the name of God, when, in fact, that is the opposite of what Jesus taught.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in a same sex relationship and we have two little girls. I too am offended by some of the things previous posters have written.
    I believe that same sex couples should have the right to marry (and have our overseas marriages recognized in this country - my British Civil Union soon to be marriage is not recognized here). I do not want to marry in a church, synagogue, mosque or temple. I do not want a religious ceremony. I want a civil ceremony/marriage as many other Australians have the right to have. I can not understand why anyone's religious beliefs should have any bearings on my human rights???? I think that religious organizations should have the right to declare marriage however they choose (and if that's between a man and woman only then so be it) but that should not mean my partner and I should not have the right to have our relationship recognized in a civil ceremony/marriage.
    If you changed the term "same sex" marriage and said aboriginal, Asian, disabled or any other minority people would be equally offended at the loss of these people's human rights. If you don't believe in civil same sex marriage you ARE homophobic, you ARE a bigot and you ARE against equality. Dress it up in whatever religious belief you want but I don't believe in your bible, Koran,or any other religious text so why should YOUR beliefs effect MY partner and my family????
    It's a disgrace that Australia is so far behind other countries in the Western world on this matter. And the fact that people use the excuse of their religious beliefs as a smoke screen to allow discrimination and prejudice. Shame on those who allow this to continue. It has very real and sometimes devastating effects on members of the LGTBI community :-(
    What she said.. The world would be a better place without religion

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Joeee For This Useful Post:

beebs  (16-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    Although I don't attend church (never really felt comfortable anywhere), I consider myself to be a Christian. I agree with what you have written 100%. It never ceases to amaze me how religious (or more specifically Christian in this case), people excuse their discrimination in the name of God, when, in fact, that is the opposite of what Jesus taught.
    I am completely with you both!

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I too don't understand how religion is used as a reason to not support marriage equality. I think this is particularly so for Anglican's - remembering this is a church established on the 'family values' of Henry VIII.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

beebs  (16-09-2013)