+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    How accurate is the bible, I mean really. Written over time, by god knows who. You have said that homosexuality is "unnatural", but nature & science proves it isn't. In the passage I quoted, it doesn't say anywhere that it is wrong, considered wrong. So you could really "interpret" it any way you want.

As to quoting bible verses. I actually agree I shouldn't be quoting it. Because as far as I'm concerned it is a badly written fairy tale. If we are going to argue something, then we should be proving in with science. So I concur, from now on, science it is!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    curious thing is Im not sure that I have gone out of my way to quote scripture except when challenged by others. I think more scripture has been quoted by those seemingly against religion than me. I could quote reams of scripture and contest every thread I perceive to be wrong or inaccurate.

How am I cherry picking, dont believe I am, I made allowance for someone elses point of view and said to the effect 'if that were the case then ....' How ever I do not believe that is the case, it was simply the recording of some history. Peter denied christ 3 times, did not have the approval of God or Christ but it did happen and was recorded.

very simply the bible does not support same sex marriage. But who cares other than those that believe the bible, the general consensus is bible and state are separate, I agree that should be the case - the church should not be involved in politics.

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sockstealingpoltergeist View Post
    You are right C sections aren't natural but that doesn't compare to same sex couples because being Gay is not elective or a choice or a decision made to save a life. It just is, and thus it's natural.

Sometimes people dont have a choice in csecs either... I'm not saying any of them are bad. I'm all for people being different and doing what they want to do as long as they don't hurt other people.

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Good point. What is the difference between unnatural and uncommon. Hmmm.
    There's a huge difference between the two. Unnatural means not naturally occurring. Something can be uncommon without being unnatural. I can totally see how the term is offensive to same sex couples

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

Kirst33  (14-09-2013),Mathermy  (14-09-2013),rainbow road  (14-09-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sockstealingpoltergeist View Post
    My daughter is every bit as natural as my son.

She just happens to be Gay.

You are right C sections aren't natural but that doesn't compare to same sex couples because being Gay is not elective or a choice or a decision made to save a life. It just is, and thus it's natural.

I'd love it if a few of the people who are posting offensive things could come back later in life after having found out their child is Gay. Look into the eyes of their child that they love with all their hearts and tell them something as awful as " you are unnatural"

What's unnatural to me is prejudice.

Its mean and sad, and I'm so glad I get the privilege of parenting my daughter.
    She's super lucky to have a mum like you. I was pretty lucky to get my mum too

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

sockstealingpoltergeist  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KnockKnockPenny View Post
    I find it completely and utterly offensive to be called unnatural :-(
    And incredibly hurtful
    I don't blame you. I'm straight and I find it offensive.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-09-2013),Kirst33  (14-09-2013),KnockKnockPenny  (14-09-2013),rainbow road  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I would agree with Five here - Natural = occurs in nature. So bfing is natural. Birth and death is natural. Homosexuality occurs in nature in humans and other animals irrespective of choice.

So I would say uncommon given hetro is 90% of the population give or take. But still natural.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-09-2013),Boobycino  (14-09-2013),Kirst33  (14-09-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    She's super lucky to have a mum like you. I was pretty lucky to get my mum too
    Thank you.
    Sometimes people dont have a choice in csecs either... I'm not saying any of them are bad. I'm all for people being different and doing what they want to do as long as they don't hurt other people.
    I had a c section, it was unnatural. It was a life saver, but it didn't occur naturally, a Dr sliced me open.

A person is born gay. So being gay is natural.
    Last edited by sockstealingpoltergeist; 14-09-2013 at 19:51.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

Kirst33  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    parthenogenesis.

No "peg" going into a "hole".

so un natural

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    One isn't common and the other isn't natural.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

rainbow road  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I would agree with Five here - Natural = occurs in nature. So bfing is natural. Birth and death is natural. Homosexuality occurs in nature in humans and other animals irrespective of choice.

So I would say uncommon given hetro is 90% of the population give or take. But still natural.
    What you've said makes sense and I agree but I've done some googling and come up with dictionary definitions that also mean deviating from a social behavior or norm etc. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/d...word=unnatural

Whatever the tag (unnatural, uncommon) I could think of many contexts where both would apply to me and the terms don't offend me. Not much offends me though. I don't think there is anything wrong with going against the norm. I understand that there are heightened sensitivities with referencing the terms to same sex couples though.
    Last edited by VicPark; 14-09-2013 at 19:57.