+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    Last time I checked I was not writing the law or even voting on it. Im not denying anyone. I dont support it.

There are many things we may not support in life but accept.

Im not sure if you have read all my posts on this subject or not? Im not your enemy

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art
    No but you clearly are ok with people being denied the right to marry, and use bible quotes to make that argument, No you are not my enemy, the laws on same sex marriage don't effect me at all but every consenting adult should be given the same chance to get married regardless of there sexual orientation and it should not ever need to be an issue

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Absolutely. But, You can love someone without necessarily agreeing with all they do.
    Yes but of you love them and accept them wouldn't you want them to have the same chance of marrying the love of their life as he or she would get if the was to love someone with opposing genitals

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    Yes love your bother, even if he is gay
    Exactly and I firmly believe jesus (who I do believe existed) would have accepted gay people without a second thought. Bc they are still children of god.

Dave - I think the reason people are citing stuff from the bible is bc you are basing your decision on not agreeing with gay marriage on what the bible says. People are simply showing that there is a whole lot of gross and conflicting stuff in there. That you can't pick and choose. You either take it in it's literal sense and follow it, or you don't.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-09-2013),Clementine Grace  (14-09-2013),Kirst33  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    Yes but of you love them and accept them wouldn't you want them to have the same chance of marrying the love of their life as he or she would get if the was to love someone with opposing genitals
    Im a christian and honestly even if i dont personally agree with same sex marriage i wouldnt deny them those rights.

I dont believe religion and politics should mix. So i wouldnt vote against it.

Even Jesus didnt get involved in the politics of his day and said that his followers should remain seperate from it also.

I dont judge homosexuals nor think anything less of them. Same as anyone else who doesnt hold the same beliefs / views as i do ie - Athiest, hindu, morman, catholic or someone who practices things that are viewed as a "sin' according to the bible.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (14-09-2013),TheMadHatter  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    ...maybe you should have said this in your first post - rather than raising your hand - saying you 'opposed' it, and then continuing to call it 'un natural'.

Might have gone over a bit better?
    Perhaps I'm not as easily offended by the term 'unnatural' because I'm not gay. I just don't get why it is so offensive. It's sort of true isn't it? Gay sex isn't natural... it's like fitting a round peg in a square hole.

I don't think there's anything wrong with something being unnatural. I do plenty of things that aren't natural. Some in the bedroom that certainly don't fulfill the 'natural' role of sex of creating new life (round peg square hole analogy can apply to heterosexual couples as well!). I dye my grey hairs which isn't a natural thing. I had a csec which isn't natural. I ride an exercise bike which isn't natural.

I think the term unnatural is accurate but it doesn't need to be offensive. I don't mean any offense by that I am a big supporter of same sex marriage.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (14-09-2013),Spotdog  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Cherry picking of the highest order.

I tell you what is completely unnatural, judging other peoples relationships when it has nothing to do with you (general you) and has zero impact on your life.

Personally, I believe that all religions are as bad as each other. But you know, if you want to be in one, then that is your choice, it has no effect on me or my life. Much like gay marriage has no effect on anyone else's life than those getting married. Pretty simple logic really, you can try and confuse the point with all the bible quotes, but it isn't working. Sorry that you have wasted all that time

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    True ... that is in the bible, does it mean that it had God's approval.

Even if you were somehow to argue that it did, clearly by the time the Israelites were in the wilderness it did not.

Just because something is recorded does not mean it was approved of

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (14-09-2013),Clementine Grace  (14-09-2013),Smyles  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Absolutely. But, You can love someone without necessarily agreeing with all they do.
    The problem with this though, is an underlying assumption they are choosing to do something. It's not about what they do, it's about who they intrinsically are. They aren't sinning, their brains are different to that of hetrosexuals. They are simply being who they are. It's not like stealing a tv and someone saying I disagree with all they do.

What homosexuals 'do' is what they are hardwired to do - to love the same sex.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Perhaps I'm not as easily offended by the term 'unnatural' because I'm not gay. I just don't get why it is so offensive. It's sort of true isn't it? Gay sex isn't natural... it's like fitting a round peg in a square hole.

I don't think there's anything wrong with something being unnatural. I do plenty of things that aren't natural. Some in the bedroom that certainly don't fulfill the 'natural' role of sex of creating new life (round peg square hole analogy can apply to heterosexual couples as well!). I dye my grey hairs which isn't a natural thing. I had a csec which isn't natural. I ride an exercise bike which isn't natural.

I think the term unnatural is accurate but it doesn't need to be offensive. I don't mean any offense by that I am a big supporter of same sex marriage.
    Square peg round whole I think not I am not gay my self but I can tell you that a penis can fit in other holes other than a vagina

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

Moose Caboose  (14-09-2013),VicPark  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Exactly and I firmly believe jesus (who I do believe existed) would have accepted gay people without a second thought. Bc they are still children of god.
    I'm not religious but I do believe this. People spend so much time arguing over this issue when Jesus probably would have accepted gay people as equals and it wouldn't even be an issue.

I think people hide behind Jesus when really its their own issues or homophobia that opposes gay marriage. Jesus most likely wouldn't have a problem with it, he'd more be interested whether they were a good person or not.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (14-09-2013),beebs  (14-09-2013),ChickyBee  (14-09-2013),delirium  (14-09-2013),Kirst33  (14-09-2013),orlyon  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post

Maybe you mean uncommon or not the norm? I would agree with that based on the virtue around only 10% of the population consider themselves gay.

Unnatural? nope not to me. There have been gays since the dawn of time and there will continue to be until the end.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Kirst33  (14-09-2013),Moxy  (14-09-2013)