+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    As for those quoting bible verses as a reason why gay marriage should not be allowed. The bible says lots of stuff that is not only irrelevant but illegal and completely disgusting. If you lived your life exactly by the bible you'd be arrested, rightly so.

Genesis 19:30-36

Now Lot went up out of Zoar and lived in the hills with his two daughters, for he was afraid to live in Zoar. So he lived in a cave with his two daughters. And the firstborn said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is not a man on earth to come in to us after the manner of all the earth. Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve offspring from our father.” So they made their father drink wine that night. And the firstborn went in and lay with her father. He did not know when she lay down or when she arose. The next day, the firstborn said to the younger, “Behold, I lay last night with my father. Let us make him drink wine tonight also. Then you go in and lie with him, that we may preserve offspring from our father.” ...
    True ... that is in the bible, does it mean that it had God's approval.

Even if you were somehow to argue that it did, clearly by the time the Israelites were in the wilderness it did not.

Just because something is recorded does not mean it was approved of

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (14-09-2013),TheMadHatter  (14-09-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I thought I would just check my bible knowledge, and can confirm that the neither Ten Commandments of the Old Testament OR Jesus' commandments of love in the new testament make any reference to homosexuality. They are the basic laws of the old and New Testament.

Just making sure I have my bible correct. I have actually read it front and back from my high school days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I find it strange that G-d specifically gave Moses 613 commandments , with 18 specifically about marriage yet did not mention same sex marriage?

That a eunuch shall not marry a daughter of Israel (Deut. 23:2)

That a mamzer shall not marry the daughter of a Jew (Deut. 23:3)

That an Ammonite or Moabite shall never marry the daughter of an Israelite (Deut. 23:4)

Not to exclude a descendant of Esau from the community of Israel for three generations (Deut. 23:8-9)

Not to exclude an Egyptian from the community of Israel for three generations (Deut. 23:8-9)

That there shall be no harlot (in Israel); that is, that there shall be no intercourse with a woman, without previous marriage with a deed of marriage and formal declaration of marriage (Deut. 23:18)

To take a wife by kiddushin, the sacrament of marriage (Deut. 24:1)

That the newly married husband shall (be free) for one year to rejoice with his wife (Deut. 24:5)

That a bridegroom shall be exempt for a whole year from taking part in any public labor, such as military service, guarding the wall and similar duties (Deut. 24:5)

Not to withhold food, clothing or conjugal rights from a wife (Ex. 21:10)

That the woman suspected of adultery shall be dealt with as prescribed in the Torah (Num. 5:30)

That one who defames his wife's honor (by falsely accusing her of unchastity before marriage) must live with her all his lifetime (Deut. 22:19) (affirmative).

That a man may not divorce his wife concerning whom he has published an evil report (about her unchastity before marriage) (Deut. 22:19)

To divorce by a formal written document (Deut. 24:1)

That one who divorced his wife shall not remarry her, if after the divorce she had been married to another man (Deut. 24:4)

That a widow whose husband died childless must not be married to anyone but her deceased husband's brother (Deut. 25:5)

To marry the widow of a brother who has died childless (Deut. 25:5)

That the widow formally release the brother-in-law (if he refuses to marry her) (Deut. 25:7-9)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-09-2013),NancyBlackett  (14-09-2013)

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dave does it not at all see' wrong to you to deny two consenting adults that love each the right to marry just because they don't have opposing genitals ?? How does it matter to you what and how they make love

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    10 commandments ... just that 10 laws
    Jesus commanments ... essentially 2 laws - love god and love your brother

By no means were these the only laws of the Jews or for Christians, The law of moses was over 600 laws from memory and clearly makes reference to homosexual relationships as to the requirements of christians as recorded in the NT

why keep bringing up the bible, I will use it as part of my reasoning for what I believe and why - Im not saying you have to believe it but if you dont believe it or live by it dont worry about it

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yuk at second from the bottom lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    10 commandments ... just that 10 laws
    Jesus commanments ... essentially 2 laws - love god and love your brother

By no means were these the only laws of the Jews or for Christians, The law of moses was over 600 laws from memory and clearly makes reference to homosexual relationships as to the requirements of christians as recorded in the NT

why keep bringing up the bible, I will use it as part of my reasoning for what I believe and why - Im not saying you have to believe it but if you dont believe it or live by it dont worry about it

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art
    Yes love your bother, even if he is gay

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (14-09-2013),beebs  (14-09-2013),Boobycino  (14-09-2013),delirium  (14-09-2013),RobinSparkles  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I thought I would just check my bible knowledge, and can confirm that the neither Ten Commandments of the Old Testament OR Jesus' commandments of love in the new testament make any reference to homosexuality. They are the basic laws of the old and New Testament.

Just making sure I have my bible correct. I have actually read it front and back from my high school days.
    From my knowledge, homosexuality comes under the banner of "fornication" ie - sex outside of marriage. As Jesus mentioned marriage was to be between a man and a woman, homosexual relationships can be seen as fornication.

Thats my understanding of it anyhow.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    Dave does it not at all see' wrong to you to deny two consenting adults that love each the right to marry just because they don't have opposing genitals ?? How does it matter to you what and how they make love
    Last time I checked I was not writing the law or even voting on it. Im not denying anyone. I dont support it.

There are many things we may not support in life but accept.

Im not sure if you have read all my posts on this subject or not? Im not your enemy

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    Yes love your bother, even if he is gay
    Absolutely. But, You can love someone without necessarily agreeing with all they do.
    Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 14-09-2013 at 18:16.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (14-09-2013),TheMadHatter  (14-09-2013)