+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    Genesis 1:5 (NLT)
    God called the light "day" and the darkness "night."

And evening passed and morning came, marking the first day.

Isn't 'interpretation a wonderful thing!
    You can make anything mean anything your want - as long as it suits you.

BTW - Do you know 'why' we now recognise 24 hours in one day?
    You have the Babylonians to thanks for that.
    Is there really a need to come across as narky? Sheesh I was just sharing another view point.

That above that u quoted still doesnt necessarily signify a 24 hr day.

A Morning and a night marked the end of each creative period.

It does also go on in Genesis to speak about the whole 6 days as the creative "day" which is why some Christians have drawn that conclusion.

Anyway OT

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Is there really a need to come across as narky? Sheesh I was just sharing another view point.

That above that u quoted still doesnt necessarily signify a 24 hr day.

A Morning and a night marked the end of each creative period.

It does also go on in Genesis to speak about the whole 6 days as the creative "day" which is why some Christians have drawn that conclusion.

Anyway OT

I like being narky.

Dislike the word "sheesh"

..also dislike religious crap being bought into a social issue regarding real people's relationships.

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like being narky.

Dislike the word "sheesh"

..also dislike religious crap being bought into a social issue regarding real people's relationships.

You did join in the discussion regarding the bible.

I dislike rudeness, so ill leave u to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ...maybe you should have said this in your first post - rather than raising your hand - saying you 'opposed' it, and then continuing to call it 'un natural'.

Might have gone over a bit better?
    if those questions were asked those answers would have been given

I simply replied to the previous post at the time and to the OP

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    You did join in the discussion regarding the bible.

I dislike rudeness, so ill leave u to it.

Ofcourse I joined in the conversation, my intent though was to show how irrelevant it is to the issue of marriage equality in Australia in the 21st century.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-09-2013)

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I can not believe in this day and age why any one would be against gay marriage it's is behind believe in my eyes and I find it disgusting that people feel the need to stop other consenting adults from getting married to each other for no other reason than their genitals. So it says in the bible that no man should lay side by side or what ever is the exact quote but far out SO much of the bible gets ignored by people that spout that dam line

I am pretty sure it also preaches kindness to others and that judgement is a sin

If you don't like gay marriage don't get one for goodness sake

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-09-2013),Best Things  (14-09-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Completely irrelevant. I know lots of Catholics who are very religious who agree not only with gay marriage but think priests should be able to marry and have families (and rightly so) religions aren't fact, they aren't science.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (14-09-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ofcourse I joined in the conversation, my intent though was to show how irrelevant it is to the issue of marriage equality in Australia in the 21st century.

Fair enough. I have no idea why u feel the need to speak to me like that tho?

I didnt mention anything about that! The only comment ive made in this whole thread is the one u responded to.

Anywho, enjoy the rest of ur day....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    As for those quoting bible verses as a reason why gay marriage should not be allowed. The bible says lots of stuff that is not only irrelevant but illegal and completely disgusting. If you lived your life exactly by the bible you'd be arrested, rightly so.

Genesis 19:30-36

Now Lot went up out of Zoar and lived in the hills with his two daughters, for he was afraid to live in Zoar. So he lived in a cave with his two daughters. And the firstborn said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is not a man on earth to come in to us after the manner of all the earth. Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve offspring from our father.” So they made their father drink wine that night. And the firstborn went in and lay with her father. He did not know when she lay down or when she arose. The next day, the firstborn said to the younger, “Behold, I lay last night with my father. Let us make him drink wine tonight also. Then you go in and lie with him, that we may preserve offspring from our father.” ...

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    As for those quoting bible verses as a reason why gay marriage should not be allowed. The bible says lots of stuff that is not only irrelevant but illegal and completely disgusting. If you lived your life exactly by the bible you'd be arrested, rightly so.

Genesis 19:30-36

Now Lot went up out of Zoar and lived in the hills with his two daughters, for he was afraid to live in Zoar. So he lived in a cave with his two daughters. And the firstborn said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is not a man on earth to come in to us after the manner of all the earth. Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve offspring from our father.” So they made their father drink wine that night. And the firstborn went in and lay with her father. He did not know when she lay down or when she arose. The next day, the firstborn said to the younger, “Behold, I lay last night with my father. Let us make him drink wine tonight also. Then you go in and lie with him, that we may preserve offspring from our father.” ...

Vomit