+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    No. Because my views about chocolate ice cream don't have the capacity to chip away at someone's self worth. My views about cats and dogs won't drive another human being to suicide because they feel worthless, inadequate, ashamed of themselves.

There is a reason why the level of suicide is much higher amongst gay people than other demographics and that reason is opinions like the above.

That they aren't natural. They aren't normal.

I'm very fortunate, I don't come from a family of people who judge me for loving another woman, and I don't have friends who feel that my relationship is wrong. I am also a very self assured and confident person.

But what about that 16 year old boy whose dad thinks that gays are revolting and don't deserve to live? Or whose mum stopped speaking to her sister because she came out, citing that she thought it was just unnatural? What of him? Or the ten year old girl who pretends to love the boy she sits next to to fit in with her friends, but really loves her best girl friend but can't say anything because she's seen how they tease and deride the tomboy by calling her "butch" or the "scary lesbian". What about her. Or my little boy, who I hope won't, but know might, get teased because he has two mums and no dad? Is that okay? Because it is just someone else's opinion after all...

I'm not just making this stuff up, you know. It's a horrible, horrible reality for so many people.
    I know you're not making it up RR. But you can talk blue in the face and you won't change everyone's mind. Yes it is very unfortunate.

Some people think its ok to neglect and abuse their children. I look at my DD and think she is very lucky to have me as her mum. I would support her if she came out. But I don't expect the world to.

Anyway time for me to bow out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    If you are genuinely interested in the bible view send me a pm and I'll respond when I'm home. There is a huge different e between religion and the bible.

Many comments above are spoken in ignorance. I really don't want to go there. My point has been proved. There is much greater intolerance of my view and it seems to me I am largely not respected because of my view and yet I only present it as a view.

I have not said anyone should change. I have not said anyone is wrong. I have not attacked anyone. I have not said I would vote against.

t
    Dave I dont feel I'm attacking you, merely discussing your stance,just as you are mine. I think many people take issue with your stance for the following reasons.

You have said female homosexuality doesn't bother you as much.
    You have stated that its not natural to be homosexual.
    and you have said its your opinion that homosexuals should not be allowed to marry.

I personally take the view that any one can believe whatever they like, so long as it harms no one else.

I have no issue with a Muslim woman thinking she should not uncover herself in public (although I take issue with structures and societal/ religious views that helped to mold her way of thinking, as I don't feel they protect her human rights to begin with, but that's another story) however I do take issue with any Muslim who thinks all women should cover themselves in public.

I would understand if you said I do not agree with homosexuality for religious reasons and therefore I will not partake in it- thank you very much. But you dudes over there go for it, what you do is your own business and your right to have a homosexual relationship should be protected.

Therein I believeth lies the difference.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

Miados2007  (11-09-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotdog View Post
    I know you're not making it up RR. But you can talk blue in the face and you won't change everyone's mind. Yes it is very unfortunate.

Some people think its ok to neglect and abuse their children. I look at my DD and think she is very lucky to have me as her mum. I would support her if she came out. But I don't expect the world to.

Of course. I will never change everyone's minds.

But I will never agree to disagree on something important like this.

Just as I will never agree to disagree that abusing your child is okay.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (11-09-2013),Atropos  (11-09-2013),Boobycino  (11-09-2013),Busy-Bee  (11-09-2013),Lillynix  (11-09-2013),oozzle  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm confused. Children are legally protected from harm and abuse. I don't get the comparison.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have I said anyone does not deserve to live or made any generally insulting comparisons. I don't think so. I've illustrated my point but not with the intent to be offensive.
    The law of Moses was done away with and replaced with 'Christianity' when Jesus was executed.
    Some of the law was quoted as being unreasonable. Or was it all? Are there those for incest? I'm not. Some of the law carried over onto Christianity.

Animals used as examples to support same sex relationships. Does that mean animalistic behaviour of all sorts within a species is acceptable. Some females eat there mate after mating. Oh my bad, probably not allowed to use such an illustration.

I do not support same sex marriage but clearly stated that I would neither vote for or against.

How am I mean or heartless. I have not told anyone not to be together. I have not told anyone to separate. I have not told anyone not to marry.

Why can't I have my view simply as a view. I'm not hurting anyone. Way more offensive stuff has been thrown at me on this thread. Have I anywhere suggested that my view supports rape. I personally find that highly offensive to the extreme. I don't believe any of my posts have alluded to rape in anyway till now.

Thank you xox

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    And Jesus' law was the Ten Commandments which have nothing to do with the Old Testament (in fact you're told to ignore it!) and don't mention homosexuality once. So which is it?

No, you never said anyone deserved to die. But I am pointing out that an "opinion" can do a lot of damage depending on who hears it.

So I won't agree to disagree about something that can do that to others.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (11-09-2013),Rarity  (11-09-2013)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Im not 'normal', i have autism, but i was allowed to marry my husband. (Not in a church!) *gasp horror*

But thats ok because i have different genitalia than my partner?

Hmmm. Holes i see holes everywhere!

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I would support my child and strive to ensure they were accepted and had the same rights as me.

Some people think its ok to neglect and that's not your view but you wouldn't interfere because they're entitled to their view? I'm confused...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dave, you may not have told anyone not to marry but you have said some people should not be allowed to marry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dave, I quoted you a few posts back and asked a question, have you seen it?

I'm confused by this whole attitude that I'm not for it but would not vote for or against it. You don't vote for individual policies in Australia so you don't have to vote for it. Would you support a local candidate or PM whose goal was to legalize same-sex marriage and give them your vote, or would you not since you are against it?