+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotdog View Post

How many Hubbers put up their Christmas tree? The majority!! So it's fine for you to pick and choose your Christian traditions, but for Dave to express his traditions - noooo you can't do that Dave.
    Christmas was around long before Christianity. Christmas Trees are a German custom that dates from around the 16th Century.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (11-09-2013),Elijahs Mum  (11-09-2013),IndigoJ  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    Separation of church and state is so important!

Religious beliefs should never be what decides policies that effect everyone's lives.
    Unless people really want to live in a place like Saudi Arabia then no thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dave didn't you know you're not allowed to have an opinion different to the majority of Hubbers?
    Lets hope you have a thick skin!

I don't really agree with your opinion but I think it's great you have shared your opinion and I respect that. I'm not going to keep asking you to justify yourself just because I don't agree.

How many Hubbers put up their Christmas tree? The majority!! So it's fine for you to pick and choose your Christian traditions, but for Dave to express his traditions - noooo you can't do that Dave.

Good luck Dave.
    If I started saying I don't put up a Christmas tree, and furthermore, I don't think anyone who has blue eyes should be allowed to either, then I'd expect to have people challenge me on it.

We're not just talking about minor habits, but a serious issue that has long lasting consequences for those affected by it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

Kirst33  (11-09-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks for the history lesson ladies. Oh wait should I say herstory?
    All I'm saying is a lot of people celebrate Christmas as a Christian tradition and don't go to church. It doesn't mean they are any less Christian. So Dave should be able to have his beliefs and still eat meat and have untidy hair or whatever those things were Atropos posted.

Just agree to disagree, which is what Dave is doing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Spotdog For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I definitely think same sex marriage should be legalised and I think with that will change Society's presumptions about people's partner etc. (I am guilty of asking and assuming someones partner is the opposite gender but I do it subconsciously with no intent to make such assumptions, iykwim).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    It does not seem natural. I have some great male friends but don't need to marry them to solidify that friendship. My arguments will be the same as everyone one else's with a similar view and there will be the same counter arguments this. I saw posting as pointless.

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art
    I'm still reading back and haven't read all the responses, but...

You think a friendship you have with your male friends is on par with being in love and wanting to get married??? What a way to invalidate a same-sex relationship, as though they're just friends and don't feel that deep love I am sure you have for your partner.

One of my best friends is male, I've never felt the need to marry him because I am not in love with him, but DH? It's all I had ever wanted since meeting him, because I am IN LOVE with him. So no, I don't feel the need to marry my friends to solidify my friendships...because they're friendships! Being in love is very different to that, your comment above assumes same-sex couples don't fall in love the way you or I do.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (11-09-2013),Rarity  (11-09-2013),VanityFey  (11-09-2013),~ElectricPink~  (16-09-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    All I'm saying is a lot of people celebrate Christmas as a Christian tradition and don't go to church. It doesn't mean they are any less Christian. So Dave should be able to have his beliefs and still eat meat and have untidy hair or whatever those things were Atropos posted.

I agree to disagree about whether vanilla or chocolate ice cream is nicer, or whether cats or dogs are better pets.

Not about whether or not I, and my relationship are 'normal'.
    Last edited by rainbow road; 11-09-2013 at 15:12.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (11-09-2013),DaenerysT  (11-09-2013),HippyGirl85  (11-09-2013),IndigoJ  (11-09-2013),Kirst33  (11-09-2013),twotrunks  (12-09-2013),VanityFey  (11-09-2013),~ElectricPink~  (16-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes and you're entitled to that RR, just like Dave and others are entitled to their views.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Spotdog For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Herstory?huh??
    You do know that Dave himself said he was not a practicing Christian before using Christianity to defend homophobic statements, right?

What if I started a thread saying that black people were sub-human, unnatural, in my opinion, and therefore I did not think they were entitled to the same rights as everyone else? Still "just an opinion"? When does it become vilification?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (11-09-2013),Zombie_eyes  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Everybody is entitled to their own view. People are also entitled to challenge views.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Spotdog  (11-09-2013)