+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    I just have kind of in depth mental images of Daves s3x life now... Why oh why do I read these things upon first waking!?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    ok share

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CandE View Post
    Thank you for posting DaveTTC. I've always said, each to their own in regards to our opinions. Everyone has one. I truly hope this thread remains about honestly voicing opinions, and not beating others down because of they may not agree.

i support marriage equality. I don't judge you because you don't.
    Thank you ... I think the horse has bolted now anyway. obviously

for those how dont like my opinion or comparisons, Im not bagging yours - yes I disagree but im not telling you you are wrong or have problems or should change

right or wrong my opinions are what they are and an opinion should not hurt anyone if it is given just as that

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post

for those how dont like my opinion or comparisons, Im not bagging yours - yes I disagree but im not telling you you are wrong or have problems or should change

right or wrong my opinions are what they are and an opinion should not hurt anyone if it is given just as that

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art
    I find your opinions disturbing but I can respect you as an individual for having them.

If we respected all individuals truly, we would want equality for them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sophisto For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think some people may feel a bit hurt at being called 'not normal'.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Each to their own is a cop out when it comes to racism, homophobia, sexism et al.

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (11-09-2013),babybabycakes  (11-09-2013),Busy-Bee  (11-09-2013),dancingchipmunk  (11-09-2013),FiveInTheBed  (11-09-2013),HippyGirl85  (11-09-2013),IndigoJ  (11-09-2013),Jl81  (11-09-2013),KnockKnockPenny  (11-09-2013),RastaMouse  (12-09-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (11-09-2013),Witwicky  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art
    Dave I have to disagree with you.

When people in society hold an opinion that negatively effects the life of others, then we need to look closer at those opinions and examine why.

I don't support any one in their opinion when it comes to being racist, sexist, ageist, and certainly not homophobic.

The reason is because everyone no matter who they are deserves the same basic human rights, and those rights are often stripped away by personal opinion. I can understand where those opinions come from and why, however I think as adults we need to self reflect on our early influences and societal influences, and understand why we view people with the lens we do.

You may think your opinion doesn't hurt, but it does, when many people don't care about equality because of personal opinion it harms my daughter because the law doesn't include her it excludes her, then it gives extra power to those that wish to discriminate because it's encoded in the legislation.

It hurts her because there are people who have those opinions and they sometimes use those opinions to put people down or commit hate crimes or to discriminate, and they feel the law backs them up because its in the legislation that Gay people are not equal.

As for the car comparison, it's like comparing apples and oranges, if I were to preference a certain colour car over others, it denies no one their basic human rights.

I feel sad that any one would view my child as any less perfect then you would view yours, she's definitely not unnatural.

Also those who against gay marriage, please don't pull the old " I won't bother sharing my opinion" or " I knew I'd get hammered" or "I am politely disagreeing, I knew shouldn't have"

You are entitled to post whatever you want, just as others are entitled to disagree with with what you post and if 100 people happen to disagree with you, that doesn't mean you aren't entitled to post, it just means they are also entitled to post.
    Last edited by sockstealingpoltergeist; 11-09-2013 at 12:06.

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (11-09-2013),dancingchipmunk  (11-09-2013),HippyGirl85  (11-09-2013),KnockKnockPenny  (11-09-2013),orlyon  (11-09-2013),Star Light  (11-09-2013),Witwicky  (11-09-2013),~ElectricPink~  (16-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's absolutely nothing wrong marrying the person you love ! This is the only reason why I support same sex marriage... You can't let other people dictate or stop you from doing what you really want to do.

So, spread the love, Moose Caboose

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Laura2906 For This Useful Post:

Moose Caboose  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art
    Sorry but I call BS here. Your "opinion" does hurt people. Your opinion is currently the reason a group of people is having a basic human right denied to them. There are places all over the world where your opinion has seen people assaulted and even murdered. Look at how well "opinions" like yours are doing in Russia just now. "Opinions" like this is the reason my cousin and her partner had rocks hurled at them when holding hands in the street a few months ago. What you've said, that homosexuality is unnatural, that gay relationships should not be legally recognised, that you can't reconcile it, is not "just an opinion", Dave, it is a prejudice. It is bigotry, no matter how you phrase it or what comparisons you use.

It's entirely up to you whether or not you wish to open your mind and change. I hope you do. But you can't honestly expect not to be challenged on such views or called on them.

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (11-09-2013),Boobycino  (11-09-2013),ExcuseMyFrench  (11-09-2013),Gothel  (11-09-2013),IndigoJ  (11-09-2013),Jl81  (11-09-2013),Joeee  (11-09-2013),KnockKnockPenny  (11-09-2013),rainbow road  (11-09-2013),Witwicky  (11-09-2013),~ElectricPink~  (16-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose Caboose View Post
    Do you support same sex marriage? Why/why not? Do you think same sex marriage is a threat to your marriage? Do you presume a persons' partner is of the opposite sex?

I've been with my same sex partner for the last 6 years. We have considered being married in Spain, where my partner is from. Same sex marriage has been legal there since 2005. Unfortunately I don't see the point in us being married until it's recognized here... One day I would like to just be able to just say 'yes' when people ask me if I'm married, rather than having to dodge the question, come out to that person, or even worse lie.
    No I don't support it for many reasons I am not going to go into here.
    Um no I don't think same sex marriage is a threat to mine!
    And yes I do presume a persons partner is of the opposite sex.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Um. Wow...some really bizarre reasoning for the anti marriage equality side. I really thought I had heard it all.