+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 549
  1. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Jerilderie
    Posts
    1,050
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked
    519
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    I just have kind of in depth mental images of Daves s3x life now... Why oh why do I read these things upon first waking!?

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    ok share


    Dave The Turning Cowboy

    turning wood into art

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Jerilderie
    Posts
    1,050
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked
    519
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CandE View Post
    Thank you for posting DaveTTC. I've always said, each to their own in regards to our opinions. Everyone has one. I truly hope this thread remains about honestly voicing opinions, and not beating others down because of they may not agree.

    i support marriage equality. I don't judge you because you don't.
    Thank you ... I think the horse has bolted now anyway. obviously

    for those how dont like my opinion or comparisons, Im not bagging yours - yes I disagree but im not telling you you are wrong or have problems or should change

    right or wrong my opinions are what they are and an opinion should not hurt anyone if it is given just as that


    Dave The Turning Cowboy

    turning wood into art

  3. #133
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    424
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked
    222
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    Thank you ... I think the horse has bolted now anyway. obviously

    for those how dont like my opinion or comparisons, Im not bagging yours - yes I disagree but im not telling you you are wrong or have problems or should change

    right or wrong my opinions are what they are and an opinion should not hurt anyone if it is given just as that


    Dave The Turning Cowboy

    turning wood into art
    I find your opinions disturbing but I can respect you as an individual for having them.

    If we respected all individuals truly, we would want equality for them.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sophisto For This Useful Post:

    DaveTTC  (11-09-2013)

  5. #134
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    19,776
    Thanks
    5,212
    Thanked
    7,063
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think some people may feel a bit hurt at being called 'not normal'.

  6. #135
    rainbow road's Avatar
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in a glass case of emotion
    Posts
    12,406
    Thanks
    1,187
    Thanked
    8,045
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Each to their own is a cop out when it comes to racism, homophobia, sexism et al.

  7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

    Atropos  (11-09-2013),babybabycakes  (11-09-2013),Busy-Bee  (11-09-2013),dancingchipmunk  (11-09-2013),FiveInTheBed  (11-09-2013),HippyGirl85  (11-09-2013),IndigoJ  (11-09-2013),Jl81  (11-09-2013),KnockKnockPenny  (11-09-2013),RastaMouse  (12-09-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (11-09-2013),Witwicky  (11-09-2013)

  8. #136
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Haunted House
    Posts
    10,891
    Thanks
    1,538
    Thanked
    1,568
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    Thank you ... I think the horse has bolted now anyway. obviously

    for those how dont like my opinion or comparisons, Im not bagging yours - yes I disagree but im not telling you you are wrong or have problems or should change

    right or wrong my opinions are what they are and an opinion should not hurt anyone if it is given just as that


    Dave The Turning Cowboy

    turning wood into art
    Dave I have to disagree with you.

    When people in society hold an opinion that negatively effects the life of others, then we need to look closer at those opinions and examine why.

    I don't support any one in their opinion when it comes to being racist, sexist, ageist, and certainly not homophobic.

    The reason is because everyone no matter who they are deserves the same basic human rights, and those rights are often stripped away by personal opinion. I can understand where those opinions come from and why, however I think as adults we need to self reflect on our early influences and societal influences, and understand why we view people with the lens we do.

    You may think your opinion doesn't hurt, but it does, when many people don't care about equality because of personal opinion it harms my daughter because the law doesn't include her it excludes her, then it gives extra power to those that wish to discriminate because it's encoded in the legislation.

    It hurts her because there are people who have those opinions and they sometimes use those opinions to put people down or commit hate crimes or to discriminate, and they feel the law backs them up because its in the legislation that Gay people are not equal.

    As for the car comparison, it's like comparing apples and oranges, if I were to preference a certain colour car over others, it denies no one their basic human rights.

    I feel sad that any one would view my child as any less perfect then you would view yours, she's definitely not unnatural.

    Also those who against gay marriage, please don't pull the old " I won't bother sharing my opinion" or " I knew I'd get hammered" or "I am politely disagreeing, I knew shouldn't have"

    You are entitled to post whatever you want, just as others are entitled to disagree with with what you post and if 100 people happen to disagree with you, that doesn't mean you aren't entitled to post, it just means they are also entitled to post.
    Last edited by sockstealingpoltergeist; 11-09-2013 at 12:06.

  9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

    Atropos  (11-09-2013),dancingchipmunk  (11-09-2013),HippyGirl85  (11-09-2013),KnockKnockPenny  (11-09-2013),orlyon  (11-09-2013),Star Light  (11-09-2013),Witwicky  (11-09-2013),~ElectricPink~  (16-09-2013)

  10. #137
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0
    There's absolutely nothing wrong marrying the person you love ! This is the only reason why I support same sex marriage... You can't let other people dictate or stop you from doing what you really want to do.

    So, spread the love, Moose Caboose

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Laura2906 For This Useful Post:

    Moose Caboose  (11-09-2013)

  12. #138
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,806
    Thanks
    7,267
    Thanked
    9,720
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    Thank you ... I think the horse has bolted now anyway. obviously

    for those how dont like my opinion or comparisons, Im not bagging yours - yes I disagree but im not telling you you are wrong or have problems or should change

    right or wrong my opinions are what they are and an opinion should not hurt anyone if it is given just as that


    Dave The Turning Cowboy

    turning wood into art
    Sorry but I call BS here. Your "opinion" does hurt people. Your opinion is currently the reason a group of people is having a basic human right denied to them. There are places all over the world where your opinion has seen people assaulted and even murdered. Look at how well "opinions" like yours are doing in Russia just now. "Opinions" like this is the reason my cousin and her partner had rocks hurled at them when holding hands in the street a few months ago. What you've said, that homosexuality is unnatural, that gay relationships should not be legally recognised, that you can't reconcile it, is not "just an opinion", Dave, it is a prejudice. It is bigotry, no matter how you phrase it or what comparisons you use.

    It's entirely up to you whether or not you wish to open your mind and change. I hope you do. But you can't honestly expect not to be challenged on such views or called on them.

  13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

    babybabycakes  (11-09-2013),Boobycino  (11-09-2013),ExcuseMyFrench  (11-09-2013),Gothel  (11-09-2013),IndigoJ  (11-09-2013),Jl81  (11-09-2013),Joeee  (11-09-2013),KnockKnockPenny  (11-09-2013),rainbow road  (11-09-2013),Witwicky  (11-09-2013),~ElectricPink~  (16-09-2013)

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Kimberley WA
    Posts
    4,622
    Thanks
    916
    Thanked
    1,180
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose Caboose View Post
    Do you support same sex marriage? Why/why not? Do you think same sex marriage is a threat to your marriage? Do you presume a persons' partner is of the opposite sex?

    I've been with my same sex partner for the last 6 years. We have considered being married in Spain, where my partner is from. Same sex marriage has been legal there since 2005. Unfortunately I don't see the point in us being married until it's recognized here... One day I would like to just be able to just say 'yes' when people ask me if I'm married, rather than having to dodge the question, come out to that person, or even worse lie.
    No I don't support it for many reasons I am not going to go into here.
    Um no I don't think same sex marriage is a threat to mine!
    And yes I do presume a persons partner is of the opposite sex.

  15. #140
    Witwicky's Avatar
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,630
    Thanks
    4,446
    Thanked
    3,495
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Um. Wow...some really bizarre reasoning for the anti marriage equality side. I really thought I had heard it all.


 

Similar Threads

  1. How did you know your marriage was over?
    By mummanna in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 20-06-2013, 11:42
  2. Centrelink after Marriage Q's
    By OneLove in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 23-05-2013, 21:02
  3. marriage and fun
    By baby4us in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-02-2013, 18:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Einsteinz Music
Make music at Einsteinz Music in age-appropriate class in Sydney's Inner West, Eastern Suburbs or North Shore. For ages 6 mths - 4 yrs. All music is live! Christmas Gift certificates available for full term or casual classes. Call 0431 338 143
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Hunter Women's Health Centre
Hunter Women’s Health Centre care for women of all ages, in the full spectrum of their gynaecologic and obstetric health.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!