Well said Dave!

Yes fat lazy fingers did write this =)
    So much for "I was not gonna get involved in this thread"

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I pity anyone who is narrowed minded enough to believe that homosexuality isn't normal.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    My step daughter is bi - it has no particular impact on my relationship with her or her friends. Just because I have strong views does not mean I treat those with other views as inferior or disrespect. I do not encourage it but I've never given her a hard time over it either.

I dont know why but to many I have spoken with, male and female, it seems the thought of two guys is harder to reconcile than the thought of two women.

Im disappointed that someone would be disappointed in my view. That is like saying I am wrong and have no right to have that view. You may like red cars and I may like black ... it is just view. I am not pushing my view on others or even my family. Yes I will share it respectfully.

SSP

you can get up me all you want, I still like ya and I'd accept your daughter

Again Id say just because there may be some evidence of homosexuality in animals does not mean it is normal. Some dogs are vicious as are some cats .... does not mean it is normal

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art
    Likening a car colour preference to Marriage Equality is completely disrespectful and does nothing but diminish, not only other people's relationships - but them as people.

Oh and the whole 'girl on girl' thing that you are wondering about - well, you probably have the pron industry to thank for that?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Glover  (11-09-2013),Witwicky  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dave, do you really think that someone would CHOOSE to be homosexual?
    I know I certainly didn't choose. It's hard when the way you were born is so isolating and you lose friends and family! I lost every single one of my friends from high school just because I'm a lesbian. I am discriminated against and looked down on every single day of my life. I have people questioning my love for someone else just because they don't think it's normal. I have never questioned anyone's love for anyone else because its not my place or relationship.
    If someone doesn't choose to be homosexual, then they must have been born that way which makes it normal for them. Not normal for anyone else, just normal for them

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KnockKnockPenny For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (11-09-2013),Jl81  (11-09-2013),~ElectricPink~  (11-09-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My step daughter is bi - it has no particular impact on my relationship with her or her friends. Just because I have strong views does not mean I treat those with other views as inferior or disrespect. I do not encourage it but I've never given her a hard time over it either.

I dont know why but to many I have spoken with, male and female, it seems the thought of two guys is harder to reconcile than the thought of two women.

Im disappointed that someone would be disappointed in my view. That is like saying I am wrong and have no right to have that view. You may like red cars and I may like black ... it is just view. I am not pushing my view on others or even my family. Yes I will share it respectfully.

SSP

Again Id say just because there may be some evidence of homosexuality in animals does not mean it is normal. Some dogs are vicious as are some cats .... does not mean it is normal

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art
    You support the denial of our basic civil rights.

You think that doesn't make someone feel inferior or disrespected?

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (11-09-2013),babybabycakes  (11-09-2013),ChickyBee  (11-09-2013),Jl81  (11-09-2013),KnockKnockPenny  (11-09-2013),MilkingMaid  (11-09-2013),orlyon  (11-09-2013),Witwicky  (11-09-2013),~ElectricPink~  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There is no doubt in my mind that same sex couples should be able to get married, you get married because you love someone and couldn't imagine your life without them, you are not breaking any laws, hurting anyone so why should you be able to. I don't no why people say it should be illegal. What bloddy difference does it make to them personally.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patience Belmont For This Useful Post:

Star Light  (11-09-2013),~ElectricPink~  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dave and blossom,if your child was gay and wanted to marry the love of their life, would you go to their wedding? Would you support their partnership, any children they may have together?

Thanks
    Reviews
    100% support it. My mind boggles when I try to comprehend why it isn't legal now. In 10-20-30 years time we will be explaining to our children about the days where it was not legal or accepted- ei, NOW, and they will hopefully be just as mortified as when we hear stories of injustices based on race in our parents generation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Unfortunately Dave views like yours are exactly what is being pushed upon people and the very reason that we don't have equal marriage laws.

I can understand arguments against marriage as a whole, but cannot understand arguments against allowing certain groups from marriage.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

SSP

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art
    You kinda are wrong though. You would deny someone the right to marry based on nothing more than your own personal discomfort. Marriage is regarded as a basic human right and you don't support certain groups being allowed this basic human right based on sexuality. It's not the same as a colour preference in cars.

When it comes to two men being together, I don't think you HAVE to reconcile it. It doesn't matter at all if you like the idea of what they may do together. But you can't want to deny them human rights based on this and expect your view to just be accepted or hiding behind the old line of "oh but it's just my opinion"

I'm really uncomfortable with your comparisons of homosexuality and viciousness as they are completely unrelated, but I'll go there for just a moment. It is actually normal among cats and dogs. They have been domesticated but being aggressive, biting or attacking are normal defensive and predatory behaviours of carnivorous animals. So again, this argument doesn't hold water.
    Last edited by Atropos; 11-09-2013 at 11:10.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Kirst33  (11-09-2013),KnockKnockPenny  (11-09-2013),orlyon  (11-09-2013),Witwicky  (11-09-2013)