+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Movie world vs sea world...

Have already been to both but a few years ago, which do you think is better & has more rides for ages 3-5 year olds? thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Definitely Seaworld, plus they can touch sealife in their touch pools and see animal shows. Movie world is more for bigger kids (and Geeks like me!!) lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Movieworld by far. Seaworld is really limited where as movieworld has the kids section of rides plus a couple of family ones.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think Seaworld is more 'little kid' friendly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    sea world is much more little kids friendly, the rides at movie world are more for your 7-12 age group

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both are good and have rides for that age group. But my DD6 prefers sea world. I guess for the variety of rides and sea animal shows

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Movieworld by far. Seaworld is really limited where as movieworld has the kids section of rides plus a couple of family ones.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    We have season passes to the big 3 parks, I thought movie world too. Our kids are 4 & just turned 6 they even prefer movie world. The looney tunes parks has heaps of rides that age group can go on unassisted. The Wild West they can on with adults. My kids love watching & seeing all the characters (bugs, tweety & alike walking around) the 4d movie they both enjoy. The parade in the arvi.

At seaworld they get bored. They both love animals & being brought up on the beach at the Gold Coast they have a respect for marine life & an appreciation but we go on the plane ride & the monorail & that's about all they qualify for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hard to say as different kids like different things.

Movieworld has a little kids section with taxi cars they can drive themselves (my 3 year olds favourite), merry go round, junior dodgem cars, mini train (pretty lame), tweety cages that fly round and round, and a mini coaster, and a miniature 'giant drop' ride that just bounces up and down a bit. My 3 year old also loves the parades and Batman show. And the stunt cars. The flume ride scared him. Movieworld has good shade.

Seaworld's junior rides are in full sun and are similar to MW but without the mini coaster. My kids prefer MW rides as they love the mini dodgem cars and taxi cars.

Seaworld's castaway bay was a massive hit with both my kids and the playground they have there is awesome. Without that MW would win hands down, but castaway bay makes it a tough contest.

When I went to Seaworld a few months ago all the shade sails were gone after having been damaged in the big summer storms. The seal show was very unpleasant in full sun. I don't know if they're fixed yet. The dolphin show is fantastic.

Its a tough call. I love both parks. Dinosaur and sea life fan? Go Seaworld. Superhero and Warner Bros fan? Movie World.