+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm hoping to apply this year too for 2015 intake. I have noticed that Vic Uni doesn't require a STAT test, i rang and spoke to someone and they said going by last years application they didn't require one. I'm hoping to get into their bachelor of midwifery course! So nervous!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi

I see it's been a while since anyone has posted and I only just stumbled across this thread.

I am a current BMid at ACU Melbourne campus and heading into my last year in 2015.

If anyone get's into ACU here and ever wants a coffee or a chat about the process let me know. I am always thrilled to meet new students and in 1st year it can be a bit overwhelming and intimidating.

It's always good to have contacts in their final years for recruiting women too :-D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alomumma View Post
    I see it's been a while since anyone has posted and I only just stumbled across this thread.

I am a current BMid at ACU Melbourne campus and heading into my last year in 2015.

If anyone get's into ACU here and ever wants a coffee or a chat about the process let me know. I am always thrilled to meet new students and in 1st year it can be a bit overwhelming and intimidating.

It's always good to have contacts in their final years for recruiting women too :-D
    YAY!!!!

I would love to catch up with you! I am beginning next year in Melbourne at ACU (well, offers aren't out yet ) and have questions!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've done my preferences so just waiting now! If I get in I would love to catch up! Fingers crossed!!! Somehow I doubt it though, I haven't studied since 2002.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by abby cadabby View Post
    I'm hoping to apply this year too for 2015 intake. I have noticed that Vic Uni doesn't require a STAT test, i rang and spoke to someone and they said going by last years application they didn't require one. I'm hoping to get into their bachelor of midwifery course! So nervous!
    I'm praying for an early offer for you Abby!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've done my preferences so just waiting now! If I get in I would love to catch up! Fingers crossed!!! Somehow I doubt it though, I haven't studied since 2002.
    Lol. I last was at school in 1992!! Did my nursing training in 2003 (not at Uni, really lax TAFE course - though the competition to get in was fierce)

As a mature age student you are playing a whole different ball game compared to Year 12 applicants. You've applied - now stress less, you'll find out soon! Good Luck!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you done or going to do the STAT test???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    im currently studying to be an EEN but want to be a middy... hoping for Uni in 2016

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Girl View Post
    YAY!!!!

I would love to catch up with you! I am beginning next year in Melbourne at ACU (well, offers aren't out yet ) and have questions!?
    Sure thing. Good luck with offers. Fingers crossed for you ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you done or going to do the STAT test???
    If you were asking me?? Yes, much as I have tried to get around it, it is a requirement of ACU. Bugger it! I have done it before - I never knew what my score was but I got an early offer to study Nursing at La Trobe back in 2003 (never took it). Its a test of your knowledge, not really a test you can study for - the questions progressively get harder. What I did was answer them all first and I put an asterix next to the ones I wasn't sure of or didn't have a clue, so if there was time left over I could go back and have another look (and guess!) but multiple choice tests are easier in that you have a 1 in 4 chance of getting the answer right, even if you've got no idea what the heck they are talking about!!!

I'll be doing mine on November 29. I hope to get in through an early entry program and theres also the standard early entry for mature age, but either way I have to satisfy requirements and the STAT is one of them for my course