+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mamasurfs View Post
    Sorry, just saw you got 70th percentile, that's great!!! That's not doing terribly at all!! think of it this way, you did better than 30 or so % of people there, that's pretty good!!

Thanks for for the response. I guess the score isn't too bad, but it's frustrating that I know I could have done better. I'm almost certain it's not enough to get in though.
    Good luck with your studies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, I was meant to start part-time study in August for my EN. I did the math and literacy tests and found out by phone call that I had been accepted, though had to pull out due to my LO as he had huge attachment issues and I couldn't bare to start him in daycare like that. I have just enquired about external study with GCIT and am applying for the April/ June intake.

It is 2 years part-time, though I can study from home with my LO, which will be easier on him. I will need to drive to the GC for 2 weeks at the end of each semester to go to resi school (where they show you how to use equipment etc) and as far as I know, organise my own 2 weeks of prac at the end of each semester also at different places.. Though it beats being away from my toddler 3-4 days every week. This way it is 1 month every semester, he will just need to go to daycare or stay with family/friends for a few days.

So.. I can't wait for April, it cannot come soon enough. I have started studying a few things here and there already lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykym View Post
    I was one year through my law degree this year when I decided it was not suited to my personality at all (I love more practical hands on things). My first health course also, will you be In Melbourne or brisbane?
    Yep, I'm not suited to Law either, I just wish I had have figured that out before finishing and getting Admitted lol!

I'll be at the Melbourne campus. Mamasurfs - congrats - we'll be studying together! We should start a FB group unless I've missed it?

Sent from my GT-S6310T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RandR View Post
    I'm starting 1st year under grad midwifery at Vic Uni in Feb. I got an early round offer on Friday as well. I had a chat to the staff and Vic uni and they were really helpful so I put it as my first preference, so happy I got in! Plus it's on my side of the city so a bit easier to get to for me.

Does anyone else have young kids? I'm using a nanny until we get a place in child care, but don't know if I should request full time child care or not! I'm a bit worried about contact hours because I haven't been able to find any solid answers! There's an enrolment session in the beginning of December so I guess I'll have more of an idea then!!
    Yes I have three young kids, 5, 2 and 7 months and have enrolled yhe younger two in daycare and my eldest in before and after school care. It's going to be hard but hooefully worth it!

Sent from my GT-S6310T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering if anyone secured an early round offer to UQ Masters of Nursing Studies for next year? (Am extremely interested if anyone got in) cheers :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys!

I've applied to UWS at Parramatta for B Midwifery as a non-school leaver.I think my entrance rank will be around 94, last years cut off was 92.65 but trying not to get my hopes up! Anyone else apply for UWS?

I'm so excited and a little nervous how I'll manage with 3 young boys. But I have determination on my side.

Good luck everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is anyone else struggling to work out their timetable commitments and daycare etc? I keep getting told that all of my questions will be clarified during O Week but it's a bit late when you have a family to work around....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopingtosoonbeamummy View Post
    Is anyone else struggling to work out their timetable commitments and daycare etc? I keep getting told that all of my questions will be clarified during O Week but it's a bit late when you have a family to work around....
    Hi!! Are you at ACU too? how exciting! We will hopefully meet
    Have you been on the timetable section? I have chosen what classes I will attend and when tutorial direct opens I will get in there ASAP and try and get in for those classes. I'm only studying two units this semester, and I can do it all in the one day!!! so hoping I can get in. Tutorial direct opens in read only mode on 1st of feb I think and 5th of feb at 8:00 it opens to allocate to tutes. Have you looked at all of this yet? This is all before O week too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Did anyone else get into VU Midwifery 2014? Would love to hear from you

My first preference was ACU but unfortunately didn't get an offer.

As I am applying as a mature age student I had to sit the STAT and I thought it was so hard compared to the practice test. Did anyone else sit the STAT test and receive an offer? Would love to see what STAT test results were needed to get in.

Exciting times ahead!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RandR View Post
    I'm starting 1st year under grad midwifery at Vic Uni in Feb. I got an early round offer on Friday as well. I had a chat to the staff and Vic uni and they were really helpful so I put it as my first preference, so happy I got in! Plus it's on my side of the city so a bit easier to get to for me.

Does anyone else have young kids? I'm using a nanny until we get a place in child care, but don't know if I should request full time child care or not! I'm a bit worried about contact hours because I haven't been able to find any solid answers! There's an enrolment session in the beginning of December so I guess I'll have more of an idea then!!
    i did bmid in 2010-2012 at a different uni. I had 3 kids 1.5, 3.5 and 5.5. I booked the 2 young ones into full time childcare. It was so much easier as my timetable changed each semester and then I knew I had care for them when I did block placements and I didn't have to stress about that as well as placement and assignments and study!
    Unfortunately unis don't really give a damn about your personal circumstances regarding family, work, etc commitments (I have found this of all unis) as just about everyone has some issue they need to work around. They will give you information when they are ready and not a second before. Most people I have spoken to from all over have found this. Placement offices are the worst. I found out my roster from the placement office 3 days before placement started.
    However saying that... It is doable with family support and a personal drive to do it. Lots of mums do this course and if you band together you can really help each other out.
    Good kuck all- midwifery is an amazing career. I am loving every single minute of it!