+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm starting 1st year under grad midwifery at Vic Uni in Feb. I got an early round offer on Friday as well. I had a chat to the staff and Vic uni and they were really helpful so I put it as my first preference, so happy I got in! Plus it's on my side of the city so a bit easier to get to for me.

Does anyone else have young kids? I'm using a nanny until we get a place in child care, but don't know if I should request full time child care or not! I'm a bit worried about contact hours because I haven't been able to find any solid answers! There's an enrolment session in the beginning of December so I guess I'll have more of an idea then!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RandR View Post
    I'm starting 1st year under grad midwifery at Vic Uni in Feb. I got an early round offer on Friday as well. I had a chat to the staff and Vic uni and they were really helpful so I put it as my first preference, so happy I got in! Plus it's on my side of the city so a bit easier to get to for me.

Does anyone else have young kids? I'm using a nanny until we get a place in child care, but don't know if I should request full time child care or not! I'm a bit worried about contact hours because I haven't been able to find any solid answers! There's an enrolment session in the beginning of December so I guess I'll have more of an idea then!!
    Congrats! How exciting!!
    It's really hard to work out the contact hours etc. I just want to know! But I think it'd change every year and you'd have to wait to sort out your timetable.
    I have a 20 month old son.. And have just found out I'm also pregnant!! I am not sure what I will do, but I don't want to defer. My friend is at ACU and says they can help & be accommodating, but I have a feeling she will tell me to defer, which I REAlLY dont want to do, rather take on 1 or 2 units (I think 2 is the minimum though) ill have to call the course coordinator for help

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mamasurfs For This Useful Post:

RandR  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezza353 View Post
    I am starting this course as well in February. We have a two week intensive for 2subjects first up!! Will be a great time to get to know our group before joining the bigger crowd. I am an RN as well in aged care at the mo so impossible to get Into the paid positions for the Grad dip, so money is going to be a problem these next two years
    Congrats on getting in!
    I had interviews in Mel but had already left for my paid pos in Qld. I am so glad I had the hindsight to apply to VTAC!
    I work in aged care, doing nights. I only do .5 but being nights- it is good money! I get the Grade 5 rate.
    We can live off that and hubbys income. I do a fair bit of acute too. I'll cut down after uni starts.
    I am glad I will know someone!
    Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hooray! Just got offered am early round place at acu brisbane. So excited to start, think I finally found a career suited to me

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Acu grad mid

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    Congrats on getting in!
    I had interviews in Mel but had already left for my paid pos in Qld. I am so glad I had the hindsight to apply to VTAC!
    I work in aged care, doing nights. I only do .5 but being nights- it is good money! I get the Grade 5 rate.
    We can live off that and hubbys income. I do a fair bit of acute too. I'll cut down after uni starts.
    I am glad I will know someone!
    Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    It is great to know someone!
    Same here, night shift. Grade 5, I live east of Melbourne about 2 hours, so I have been working out best way to get to the uni? I am too old to contemplate the what ifs anymore and just plunge into it. Did you want to make a FB page so that all starting there next year can chat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mamasurfs View Post
    Congrats! How exciting!!
    It's really hard to work out the contact hours etc. I just want to know! But I think it'd change every year and you'd have to wait to sort out your timetable.
    I have a 20 month old son.. And have just found out I'm also pregnant!! I am not sure what I will do, but I don't want to defer. My friend is at ACU and says they can help & be accommodating, but I have a feeling she will tell me to defer, which I REAlLY dont want to do, rather take on 1 or 2 units (I think 2 is the minimum though) ill have to call the course coordinator for help
    Isn't it!! I hate not knowing what kind of hours I'll need to be doing, it makes it really hard to plan anything! I know what you mean about not putting it off! I'm the same, just really want to get it started but am starting to worry about child care, my daughter is 19 months! I know at Vic Uni there are a couple of anatomy and psych units in the first year that wouldn't have any placement involved (I think!!). Maybe you could stick to those subjects to start with? It's hard to know how it all works though! I'm thinking I need to get in touch with the coordinator at Vic uni as well. Good luck with everything!!!! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mama surfs,
    congratulations on your offer, you must be so excited. Do you mind me asking what your STAT score was? I also sat it and for various reasons I stuffed it up. I did really well on the practice tests and then ran out of time on the real test. Then I just panicked! I got 70th percentile. I would be so grateful if you could tell me what score you got in to ACU on? This is where I have applied and am desperately trying to work out my options going forward as I know my score is not good enough. Once again, congrats and good luck. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone, I am trying to make a group, but it's telling me to "add friends"
    but of course I don't know any of you!
    Should I do a page?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny80 View Post
    Hi mama surfs,
    congratulations on your offer, you must be so excited. Do you mind me asking what your STAT score was? I also sat it and for various reasons I stuffed it up. I did really well on the practice tests and then ran out of time on the real test. Then I just panicked! I got 70th percentile. I would be so grateful if you could tell me what score you got in to ACU on? This is where I have applied and am desperately trying to work out my options going forward as I know my score is not good enough. Once again, congrats and good luck. Thanks.
    Hi Lenny,

I thought i'd stuffed up horribly too. I was convinced I'd done really bad, but apparently I didn't (or everyone else did worse than I!) I got 160 or 76.5%. Roughly around that, i cant remember exactly and cant be bothered going into my vtac account. However, I also finished high school in 2008 and had an enter of 86.3 so that might have helped too.
    Don't get down just yet, maybe you did much better than you thought! Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, just saw you got 70th percentile, that's great!!! That's not doing terribly at all!! think of it this way, you did better than 30 or so % of people there, that's pretty good!!