+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh that is a pity! Best of luck with it I am hoping there will be a Facebook group or something to get support if needed

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tippytoes For This Useful Post:

Mrs Pink  (21-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The convenors are great at nathan if you need help. Good luck

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Pink For This Useful Post:

Tippytoes  (22-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got an early round offer today!! ACU Melbourne campus for midwifery weeooow! I'm so happy I could burst!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mamasurfs View Post
    I got an early round offer today!! ACU Melbourne campus for midwifery weeooow! I'm so happy I could burst!
    Congratulations :thumbup:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mamasurfs View Post

Congrats!!! Knew you were a perfect candidate! How exciting!

I end up changing my preferences to just straight nursing based on some advice from doctor and nurse friends here in brisbane because of our current health system here so fingers crossed it's as easy for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopingtosoonbeamummy View Post
    Hi ladies!

I'm starting the Bachelor of Midwifery at ACU next year after deferring my place this year (I've just had my third child).

I have a Law degree but no experience in the health sector. I am SO excited about starting! Looking forward to chatting to you all.

I was one year through my law degree this year when I decided it was not suited to my personality at all (I love more practical hands on things). My first health course also, will you be In Melbourne or brisbane?
    Last edited by mummykym; 23-11-2013 at 09:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi, I've applied for USC Bach nursing/midwifery and also UQ Bachelor of midwifery. I keep changing my mind with prefrences as I live on the coast but really only want to do the Bachelor of midwifery which I can do through UQ clinical hospital at Caboolture Decisions, better make up my mind quick smart...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clsieb View Post
    hi, I've applied for USC Bach nursing/midwifery and also UQ Bachelor of midwifery. I keep changing my mind with prefrences as I live on the coast but really only want to do the Bachelor of midwifery which I can do through UQ clinical hospital at Caboolture Decisions, better make up my mind quick smart...
    Do the USC double degree program.

you don't want to having to drive back and forwards to Caboolture hospital for 15 minute antenatal appointments or a birth at 3am, and you definitely don't want to be doing the drive to Ipswich for workshops, lectures, random 1 hour sessions and the library.

doing the USC program means you'll have be able to go to local GP's and Nambour hospital for continuity of care women, have close and easy access to the uni, the library and your lecturers and it'll be much easier to meet up with other classmates for group assignments, group study etc.

I was placed at Ipswich hospital in the UQ and was a 40 minute drive away and found it enough of a struggle that I moved to Ipswich after my first year and it was so so so much better being close to the hospital and the uni.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I am doing mid at ACU next year, I got an early round offer on Friday.

I got in on Friday, I am doing the graduate entry, two year course as I am a RN. So I start clinical next semester. I already ordered my ID card and enrolled. So confusing!

I had a paid student mid position out of state, but hubby couldn't get a job and I couldn't support us.
    Good luck. We should do a 2014 FB group!
    Last edited by Glover; 26-11-2013 at 17:53.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Graduate BM ACU Melbourne

I am starting this course as well in February. We have a two week intensive for 2subjects first up!! Will be a great time to get to know our group before joining the bigger crowd. I am an RN as well in aged care at the mo so impossible to get Into the paid positions for the Grad dip, so money is going to be a problem these next two years