+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow sounds really good everyone! A little bit confusing lol but u think if I get in I will get the hang of it.

I'm not fussed about the "boring" subjects just eager to have my brain working again and learning!

Acu seems a lot more accommodating?
    Does this sound right? Has anyone spoken to anyone from vic uni? Just wondering how they compare?

Omg big girl, that is a long commute!! I've got a laid back personalty too I'm going to have to get into a routine of having dinners and lunches prepared!! Busy times!!! But for something worth while!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of my friends who just graduated at ACU had her mum studying mid at VU at the same time! Both very comparable flexibility wise. I have met many awesome VU girls on placements too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to alomumma For This Useful Post:

Big Girl  (28-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good to hear thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did anyone have any luck with early offers?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by abby cadabby View Post
    Did anyone have any luck with early offers?
    I didn't get an early offer but I was successful in gaining a place through the Early Achiever's Program (which focused on community service). So yay! I am going to ACU next year!!

Still have to do the Stat test though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done!! How exciting!! Why do you still have to sit the stat test though?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a requirement that I satisfy the admission requirements - so I'm off to do it this Saturday. I know I should have done it sooner but the October sitting was on my daughter's birthday and the other on my own (my 40th) so I was going to do the one last week and then a cousin's 40th came up so I have this chance to do it one last time this weekend, which is actually closer to me AND it's in the morning when my brain works better so I'm happy about thai - I think that things like that tend to turn out for the better if you just go with the flow and accept it when things don't turn out the way you'd like (like the October sittings) - so study for me this week!

What about you? Have you done the test yet?? Did you apply to VU? Or ACU? You would have told us if you got an offer so I'll guess you didn't either - not to worry, the first round will see lots of offers happening!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I applied to all that offered midwifery or combined. I'm booked in for the stat on Sunday but so nervous I feel I psyching myself out. I've just moved house so pushed the stat further back so I had time to move, tho I have to travel a lot further for it.

What is the early achievers program?
    I understood that you got an offer.

I received a phone call from acu the other night asking if I wanted more info about the uni, and then an email the other day for an info session in December.

But, I didn't get an offer

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's OK! don't psych yourself out!!!

I'd say that its because we haven't done the test that we didn't get an offer - silly me to think I could be smarter than the system!!

ACU have Early Achievers Program (EAP) which, being a Catholic university they award places to people that have demonstrated commitment to community service through volunteering. Applications closed in October So I got a guarantee of an offer (if ACU is my highest preference - it's my only preference ) and I'd say when I've done my stat test I'll get the official offer.

Now, the stat test my dear is NOTHING to be afraid of!!! One thing that alarmed me in your post is that you may well be psyching yourself out more than you know! As far as I am aware there is ONLY one more test - this Saturday - so I'd check your papers (you said you are doing it Sunday). There is one is Shepparton (near me) and one in Flemington. That's it.

Please, please, please do not be scared of this test! It's just to check you are not an absolute drongo (and I know you aren't) ya Don't spek an rite lyk this so you'll be FINE.

The stat test is multiple choice so even if you're guessing you have a one in four chance that you are right!!! What I did for the last one was this: aim to go through (the levels of difficulty are mixed) and answer all the questions first - if you don't answer them you have no chance of getting a mark for that question , I circled the question number beside the ones I wasn't sure of or had no damn clue about. If a question was stumping me I'd move on to the next - I'd see if there was one or two answer I could rule out as NOT being right (obviously or likely to be wrong) and chose one of the leftovers and moved on to the next question. When I got to the end if I still had time (I think I still had half an hour or more) I went back over the questions I'd circled. Now it's important to note here; with the question you have no clue on, make a prayer to your higher power and after you've checked for obvious wrong answers just choose one, your instinct is 90% accurate!!

So while the test is something new, and therefore scary like the first day of high school, its only because its something you're not used to and you need to take a deep breath... and breathe. It's awkward standing outside the testing centre and you will need a bottle of water to 'be' with! but other than it being new it is not something to fear. The test is an indication of your level of ability, there is no pass or fail mark, you are being RANKED against the other testees (or whatever they are called) and of those you don't know how many are trying to get into Uni, some are doing it for other reasons!!

Soooo, check your booking, please, and know that you will be ok. With moving and babies (you have such young ones - and twins, lucky girl) maybe this is not the time for you - who knows? But you will get there - I'm testament to that! I've waited 11 years since I first applied when I had a 12 month old - she's 13 and life has thrown me lots of curve balls along the way - while I was sad I couldn't do uni when I wanted to, I could never have known what was coming and I would have likely dropped out anyway, because the pressure is huge I hear, and with what went on, well, I wouldn't have been able to cope!! But I didn't know that then

Since then the bachelor of Mid has become available (and I would have LOVED to be in that first class) but right now, this is the PERFECT time for me - I am free of all other obligations and I can do this and succeed.

So know that there is a right time - don't push it if things don't work out - God gives us what we need, not what we want - and we make it easier on ourselves if we can accept that wisdom and work with it, not against it

So my dear Abby, this weekend - I know you are going to make a wonderful midwife and there's a part of me that hopes it is ACU that makes you the offer!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou big girl! You are very sweet!
    I did just check my vtac, it was supposed to be Caulfield this Saturday and apparently I've missed the payment deadline so I'm out.

Maybe I'll just cross my fingers and hope vic uni will offer me something eventually.

Good luck with your stat test this weekend I'm sure you will do fantastic!!!