2014 Midwifery/Nursing Students | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 136
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0

    Default 2014 Midwifery/Nursing Students

    Hi, I thought I would get a thread started for those that are in the application process for next year. I have just applied to ACU in Brisbane to do BA of midwifery as a non school leaver but based on my year 12 results. Fingers crossed! Kids are old enough for me to get some study in now, hoping it all works out!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to mummykym For This Useful Post:

    Trangly  (17-09-2014)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    349
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked
    51
    Reviews
    0
    Hi! I have applied for Bach. Midwifery at ACU melbourne for 2014. I am 22 so have applied as mature aged student, & will be sitting the multiple choice STAT test in October. I did the practice one and after doing great on that I feel less nervous.

    I'm really hoping I get in.

    How did you apply based on your year 12 results? I'd like to do the same as I got a really good ENTER. Is there somewhere you go when applying to say on what basis you would like them to "judge" you on, or do you simply mean that that's all you have to apply with (if so, I'm in the same boat - ie no further education/qualifications etc) if that question makes any sense! I'm so tired I can't word my thoughts properly.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mamasurfs View Post
    Hi! I have applied for Bach. Midwifery at ACU melbourne for 2014. I am 22 so have applied as mature aged student, & will be sitting the multiple choice STAT test in October. I did the practice one and after doing great on that I feel less nervous.

    I'm really hoping I get in.

    How did you apply based on your year 12 results? I'd like to do the same as I got a really good ENTER. Is there somewhere you go when applying to say on what basis you would like them to "judge" you on, or do you simply mean that that's all you have to apply with (if so, I'm in the same boat - ie no further education/qualifications etc) if that question makes any sense! I'm so tired I can't word my thoughts properly.
    Hey mamsurfs, I think you will still be judged on your enter score combined with your stat results (which certainly can't hurt to do and will probably increase your chances). I just applied through qtac here which your equivalent would be vtac. I think most people do the stat if they have been out of study for a long time and didn't get the minimum entrance score required when they did year 12. Really hope I get in also!

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked
    66
    Reviews
    0
    I've been accepted to do a graduate entry B Nursing at QUT next year. I'm not starting til Semester 2 though because bub is due at the end of October and I think sleep deprivation and studying would be pure evil! I'm only going to do two subjects though because I don't want to miss out on bubs "firsts" but I want to get this course underway because I'm not getting any younger

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    6
    Reviews
    0
    Good luck ladies, it's getting harder and harder to get into mid

    A back up plan is always advisable.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    349
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked
    51
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykym View Post
    Hey mamsurfs, I think you will still be judged on your enter score combined with your stat results (which certainly can't hurt to do and will probably increase your chances). I just applied through qtac here which your equivalent would be vtac. I think most people do the stat if they have been out of study for a long time and didn't get the minimum entrance score required when they did year 12. Really hope I get in also!
    I was under the impression that with ACU pretty much everyone needs to do the stat test? At least in vic?

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,851
    Thanks
    1,182
    Thanked
    2,251
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Good luck to you and hope you get in! Nursing and Midwifery are both awesome professions. They say it takes special people to be a good nurse/midwife. I was always in awe of the women studying with families young or not. I don't think I could have done it, I'm far too unorganised :-)

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0
    Maybe it's a vic thing then, rang acu and qtac here and both said I personally didnt need to do it.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    10,709
    Thanks
    7,020
    Thanked
    5,430
    Reviews
    9
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykym View Post
    Hi, I thought I would get a thread started for those that are in the application process for next year. I have just applied to ACU in Brisbane to do BA of midwifery as a non school leaver but based on my year 12 results. Fingers crossed! Kids are old enough for me to get some study in now, hoping it all works out!
    I'm also in qld and would love to study to be a midwife. Just wondering when you completed yr12 and what your results were like.

    I have already been to Uni studying a bachelor and a graduate diploma so I'm not really sure where to start or what I would have to do to get in.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0
    Thank you! It sounds like such a rewarding career, my midwife friend says she never feels like she is stuck at work. I did 1 yr of a law degree (enough to know it didnt suit me at all) so looking forward to studying something a bit more hands on if I get in!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Enrolled Nursing Students
    By Giggle in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 273
    Last Post: 16-06-2014, 23:17
  2. 2012 Nursing and Midwifery students chat
    By RHJ in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 535
    Last Post: 07-08-2013, 14:43
  3. Nursing students at USC
    By maybe again in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2013, 20:30

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Free weekly newsletters | Sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Baby Bonanza
FREE Baby Banz Sunglasses! Simply spend $25 across these leading baby brands at your participating pharmacies to receive your FREE pair!* Brands include Sudocrem, Infacol, Baby U, Milton and Heinz Baby Basics.
Visit the website below to enter
featured supporter
GymbaROO
GymbaROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. Classes are available Australia-wide. Enrol today & help your child to reach their full potential. Visit the website to find out more.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!