2014 Midwifery/Nursing Students | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2014 Midwifery/Nursing Students

Hi, I thought I would get a thread started for those that are in the application process for next year. I have just applied to ACU in Brisbane to do BA of midwifery as a non school leaver but based on my year 12 results. Fingers crossed! Kids are old enough for me to get some study in now, hoping it all works out!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mummykym For This Useful Post:

Trangly  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! I have applied for Bach. Midwifery at ACU melbourne for 2014. I am 22 so have applied as mature aged student, & will be sitting the multiple choice STAT test in October. I did the practice one and after doing great on that I feel less nervous.

I'm really hoping I get in.

How did you apply based on your year 12 results? I'd like to do the same as I got a really good ENTER. Is there somewhere you go when applying to say on what basis you would like them to "judge" you on, or do you simply mean that that's all you have to apply with (if so, I'm in the same boat - ie no further education/qualifications etc) if that question makes any sense! I'm so tired I can't word my thoughts properly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mamasurfs View Post
    Hi! I have applied for Bach. Midwifery at ACU melbourne for 2014. I am 22 so have applied as mature aged student, & will be sitting the multiple choice STAT test in October. I did the practice one and after doing great on that I feel less nervous.

I'm really hoping I get in.

How did you apply based on your year 12 results? I'd like to do the same as I got a really good ENTER. Is there somewhere you go when applying to say on what basis you would like them to "judge" you on, or do you simply mean that that's all you have to apply with (if so, I'm in the same boat - ie no further education/qualifications etc) if that question makes any sense! I'm so tired I can't word my thoughts properly.
    Hey mamsurfs, I think you will still be judged on your enter score combined with your stat results (which certainly can't hurt to do and will probably increase your chances). I just applied through qtac here which your equivalent would be vtac. I think most people do the stat if they have been out of study for a long time and didn't get the minimum entrance score required when they did year 12. Really hope I get in also!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been accepted to do a graduate entry B Nursing at QUT next year. I'm not starting til Semester 2 though because bub is due at the end of October and I think sleep deprivation and studying would be pure evil! I'm only going to do two subjects though because I don't want to miss out on bubs "firsts" but I want to get this course underway because I'm not getting any younger

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck ladies, it's getting harder and harder to get into mid

A back up plan is always advisable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykym View Post
    Hey mamsurfs, I think you will still be judged on your enter score combined with your stat results (which certainly can't hurt to do and will probably increase your chances). I just applied through qtac here which your equivalent would be vtac. I think most people do the stat if they have been out of study for a long time and didn't get the minimum entrance score required when they did year 12. Really hope I get in also!
    I was under the impression that with ACU pretty much everyone needs to do the stat test? At least in vic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Good luck to you and hope you get in! Nursing and Midwifery are both awesome professions. They say it takes special people to be a good nurse/midwife. I was always in awe of the women studying with families young or not. I don't think I could have done it, I'm far too unorganised :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe it's a vic thing then, rang acu and qtac here and both said I personally didnt need to do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykym View Post
    Hi, I thought I would get a thread started for those that are in the application process for next year. I have just applied to ACU in Brisbane to do BA of midwifery as a non school leaver but based on my year 12 results. Fingers crossed! Kids are old enough for me to get some study in now, hoping it all works out!
    I'm also in qld and would love to study to be a midwife. Just wondering when you completed yr12 and what your results were like.

I have already been to Uni studying a bachelor and a graduate diploma so I'm not really sure where to start or what I would have to do to get in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! It sounds like such a rewarding career, my midwife friend says she never feels like she is stuck at work. I did 1 yr of a law degree (enough to know it didnt suit me at all) so looking forward to studying something a bit more hands on if I get in!