+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Any USA expats in Wollongong?

Hi all (though I think "all" will be a very small number),

Just wondering if there are any USA Mommas currently living in Wollongong?
    I'm American, my husband is Australian, and we are currently living in Nashville, TN. We lived in Canberra for 1.5 years, and had our 2 year old DD there, but had to come back to get my husband's citizenship. Now that he'll be a dual citizen, we want to move back over to Oz permanently and we're thinking about Wollongong. Just wondering how you like it, what areas are good to move to...any normal parent concerns

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Zumba! From Little Rock living in suburb of canterbury now. We literally JUST moved here two weeks ago from the states. Wollongong is beautiful. We just visited there for a job interview and were told the people are very friendly there. When do you plan on moving?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've yet to find many parts of Oz that aren't just stunningly beautiful We are currently pregnant with our second child due in Feb, and we will likely wait until Sept/Oct 2014 so as to avoid 2 winter's in a row. We had 2 winters when moving there the first time, and 2 winters when moving home, so we are sick to death of cold weather! We haven't 100% decided what we are doing.....whether we are going to move out west, or to Australia....just trying to do some research for what will be best for us financially.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck to you! We are also expecting, due Dec 1. Keep in touch if you head this way or if you need any assistance from this side of the world!
    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Only just saw this post. I'm from FL and hubby is Australian. We've lived in Woonona (northern suburbs of Wollongong) for 3 years and absolutely love it. Good luck with your pregnancy. If you have any questions just ask!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not American, but DH and I live in Wollongong. DH works in a coal mine about 45 mins south west and I work at the university. Its a great small city, slightly industrial (mining and steelworks) but also picturesque. Very typically east coast australia in how the mountains meet up with the sea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Another hubber from the gong but not American. Come on down- the beaches are great, it's quiet enough but close to Sydney, the weather fantastic
    Edit: I'm from the northern suburbs too
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 10-12-2013 at 15:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The only downside is there are not many jobs locally. Plenty in Sydney but it's a long commute day after day

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Daptoamy View Post
    Another hubber from the gong but not American. Come on down- the beaches are great, it's quiet enough but close to Sydney, the weather fantastic
    Edit: I'm from the northern suburbs too
    Where in the northern suburbs? I take it not Dapto anymore.