+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Centrelink Reconciliation Payment

Hello All

I lodged my tax return around mid July and got my notice of assessment on the 31st. My wife doesn't work so she told centrelink that she doesn't need to lodge a tax return.

We are now waiting on my reconciliation payment. Centrelink are saying that they didn't receive my income figures from ATO yet. Is it normal to wait this long? Anybody got theirs this year or are in a similar situation to ours?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you got your rebate yet?

That's a bit strange, usually the ato notify centre link straight away, ie as soon as they receive your retur. I would ring the ato.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my tax refund from ATO a long time ago. I called ATO and they said that they need to get a request from Centrelink for my income statement (They cant know if Centrelink sent the request or not) ...I then called Centrelink again and the said they are still waiting for ATO...this is frustrating

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There's a whole thread here

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=499672

about the EOFY payments.

Hope that helps

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    There's a whole thread here

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=499672

about the EOFY payments.

Hope that helps

Thanks for that ! It seems most got their payments and I am one of the unlucky few who have to wait

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's ok.

There's still a few who haven't received them. I'm still waiting on one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you lodge a paper return or electronic? I wonder if that makes a difference?

Last year we lodged our return around April and got our reconciliation around June. So frustrating!

And I'm a tax agent and lodged the return through our compliance software so I don't know why there was a delay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have had our tax back for prob nearly 6 weeks and still waiting for info to be sent from ato. I rang them last week the escalated the request and said it should be there within 10 days which is Monday. So looks like I will be calling them again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummy12 View Post
    We have had our tax back for prob nearly 6 weeks and still waiting for info to be sent from ato. I rang them last week the escalated the request and said it should be there within 10 days which is Monday. So looks like I will be calling them again
    This is what happened to me. Rang Centrelink, they said NO, call the ATO. I called the ATO. The paper 'non lodger' form I posted off a month earlier didn't arrive , so they did a non lodger status for me over the phone, then said wait 10 days, if nothing shows from Centrelink then call them back. I called them back, they said they are waiting for the figures to go through the CSA's computers now! Argh! Because I receive CS my non lodger status had to be updated at CSA. That could take 10 days. I waited, called Centrelink again and the lady 're-booted' my file (whatever that means) and presto! Payment showed up that day. If you are still waiting I would call Centrelink and ask to speak to someone who can help you. The guy who answered my call didn't have the authority to re boot my file but put me through to someone who did. I would recommend doing that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicho View Post
    This is what happened to me. Rang Centrelink, they said NO, call the ATO. I called the ATO. The paper 'non lodger' form I posted off a month earlier didn't arrive , so they did a non lodger status for me over the phone, then said wait 10 days, if nothing shows from Centrelink then call them back. I called them back, they said they are waiting for the figures to go through the CSA's computers now! Argh! Because I receive CS my non lodger status had to be updated at CSA. That could take 10 days. I waited, called Centrelink again and the lady 're-booted' my file (whatever that means) and presto! Payment showed up that day. If you are still waiting I would call Centrelink and ask to speak to someone who can help you. The guy who answered my call didn't have the authority to re boot my file but put me through to someone who did. I would recommend doing that
    Thanks for your post. I called them yesterday and got transferred to somebody with higher authority it seems. She took some minutes and voila..I will be paid on Friday.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pirlo For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (05-09-2013)