+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Eye Contact

Hello,

I have a 10 week old DS and am a bit concerned about his eye contact levels.
    When DS is on his change pad or in his cot he has great eye contact and will follow me around the room. When feeding him a bottle he will 60% of the time look at me.

If I hold DS in front of me he tries to avoid all eye contact. If a stranger talks to him he would rather look around the room or shopping centre and seems to get distracted.

At what age did your child start to make great eye contact with you and strangers?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    He's only 10 weeks, I wouldn't be worried at all yet. His eyesight is still developing, he'd only just be able to recognise your face.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

gailbaby1  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had the exact same worries as you! But he's probably perfectly fine. DS was much too busy looking at everything happening around him to even bother with much eye contact at that age - perhaps your bub is just a curious little monkey too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to snowqu33n For This Useful Post:

gailbaby1  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the reply. I thought going through IVF was stressful but parenting is a whole new ball game again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    the fact that he does make some kind of eye contact with you is a good sign. I agree with above, he is probably just curious and stimulated by all that is going on around him. My little girl is 14weeks and she still refuses to look at me or others sometimes.