+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default From diet to lifestyle??

Hi all

I'm wondering when or how you changed your diet to become a new way if life as such?

DH and I have a bunch of weight to loose, mine is post pregnancy weight.

I'm tempted to start a strict diet to start seeing results first and foremost to aid with motivation.

However my long term goal is to change our lifestyle and eating habits to be healthier. I have been changing small things the last six or so months with the introduction of the thermomix in our lives. Which I love.

I now make our bread, jams, stocks, have fresh juice every day, buy organic whole meal flower and use stevia when baking.

We now go to a farmers market every weekend and buy fresh fruits and veggies and buy not much else from the shops.

However we still lack the motivation for much exercise and portion sizes are much bigger and I love baking cakes and sweets.

I'm curious how you went about changing your lifestyle and if it was to initially loose weight or to gain health. And in what order?

What diet did you use and what lifestyle do you prescribe to? (Paleo, clean eating Etc)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi just saw your post. When it was time for me to lose some weight a few years ago I used CSIRO diet book (loosely) Gave me really good ideas about what % of carbs, protein, fat I should be eating and portion sizes. My DH is naturally thin and doesn't need to lost weight but was happy eating the food too, just in bigger portions. I also joined a gym and did heaps of classes. I found classes good for me because a) you have to turn up for a certain time and stay for an hour b) someone else is motivating you and c) you get to meet people too. I also like the app My Fitness Pal. Basically it's all down to energy in and energy out. You have to burn more than what you consume in order to lose weight. Sounds easy but we all know in reality it can be a lot harder! I also had to examine the reasons I was eating at times - boredom, emotional eating etc.