+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I would say something or ask the council to put up signs.

DS1 screams if a dog comes too close to him. There is no way he would play somewhere with dogs off leash.

On another note I also hate when adults gives kids control of a dog on a leash. DS2 had a dog get in his face because a 6 yr old was holding the leash and I had to quickly pick him up off the picnic blanket. (We were watching soccer) meanwhile the mum and owner were sitting further away paying no attention.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arli View Post
    I personally don't understand people who are scared of dogs. But I don't agree with dogs off leash everywhere, i think all dogs should be on a lead other than specified off leash areas. Dogs coming up to me or my kids doesn't bother me at all. I'm more bothered when random dogs approach my dogs the amount of time they have been almost attacked by other dogs is alarming. Too many people are inconsiderate dog owners and it does drive me insane!!
    Are you serious?!?! How many dogs attack people!? I am terrified of dogs,you can never know how they can react,and my worst night mare is a dog attacking us while we walk anywhere.I am so wary,esp when a lot of owners are so relaxed about their dogs strolling round whenever,wherever!
    I live right next to an enclosed dog park,right next to a playground.Signs clearly state no dogs off leash,but everyone seems to ignore it.It annoys me as I have one child who is terrified of dogs (from said owners letting their huge dogs run up and try to jump him)and one child who LOVES dogs and will happily go up and get in their faces no matter how many times I try to tell him how to approach a dog

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hugs indy*

Yeah FL - get the council to put up a sign ^_^ signs totally work.

My "no door knockers" sign has turned hundreds of door knockers away.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (28-08-2013),Mopoke  (28-08-2013),Stiflers Mom  (28-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    It drives me insane. I hate it when people take their dogs into schools too on or off leash it doesn't matter. Dogs don't belong in schools.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (29-08-2013)

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    FL - my kids are down at the park in no shoes running riot no jackets I am really easy going about that stuff too but dogs OMG , I see a dog off a leash I grab my kids like a lunatic mum and make it very known why . You are not being a cranky cow!!!

It's wrong, it's ILLEGAL. This is coming from the biggest animal lover, I LOVE animals but they should not be off a leash full stop. This is why I don't walk around my estate alone , too many people let their dogs off leashes and it terrifies me . A girl a suburb away was killed by a loose dog in a horrific circumstance . That was enough to re-iterate to me that I'm not overreacting about this topic , it's always been a massive hate of mine .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to heeeeerekittykitty For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (29-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by #Mama View Post
    Oh wow Indigo, I read this. Stopped, read it again and visualised it in my head - and my stomach turned and my blood went cold. I can't even imagine how you must have felt. What a terrifying and horrific experience.
    Two things saved me that day, it was a friends dads dog and she was with me (it pushed past her and got through the gate) so she was able to push him off so i could run inside. The only other thing was that he didnt feel like killing me. He just held onto my neck to assert dominance, not to hurt me. He was fully able to and in a position to kill me. Id known my friend for many many years, but had never once been near the dog as he was known to be aggressive and was always locked in his pen when people were over. I was only 10-11yo at the time.

Im terrified of other peoples dogs, even if they say "oh he is friendly" i dont believe them/care. My dogs are a different story though. I have big dogs and love them, but we've had them since they were little.

My kids are taught never to touch another dog, whether its a friends dog or a strangers dog, even if they say its ok. I teach them to walk away from a dog off a leash. So to have a dog near a playgroud would freak me out. Another thing that annoys me is people jogging with their dogs off a leash. I used to do exercise on an oval and would have the kids on a mat with me. A person would jog past and their dogs would come over, i used to run to my kids and freak out until the dog ran off. Our dogs are dog aggressive so we cant walk them on a leash anywhere in case another dog comes up to us. The owners always say "oh its ok he's friendly". Yeah your dog might be but my dog will eat it! Basic principle, leash your dogs!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

#Mama  (29-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm very much a dog person and it really ****es me off when other dog owners make the rest of us look bad by being irresponsible and inconsiderate with their dogs. I agree that it is not ok to have dogs off leash around children's play areas. It is actually illegal to have your dog off leash in public anywhere other than a designated off leash area.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

angelini  (03-09-2013),GrabbyCrabby  (29-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hate when people say "it's ok he wouldn't hurt anyone" how do you know? Did he tell you? I'm terrified of dogs too . They scare the hell out of me!

Another pet peeve when people tie there dogs up outside shops or leave big ones in cars with the window down when they duck into shops ( undercover carpark ) and it barks and growls at you.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I like dogs, but they do make me nervous around my kids. My kids also don't like dogs running up to them and I feel like people sometimes want to justify that their dog isn't scary, but that doesn't mean a thing if my kids are scared of them.

I view any dog as potential danger though, so it would stress me out if they were just hanging around a playground because I'd have to be on alert.

*a friends dog is totally different. If I trust the person who's dog it is I generally feel comfortable, because like a friend who brings his dog to visit, he's not going to bring her if she's a major risk to my kids and I'm happy for jasper to play with her because she's a lovely dog, supervised, but not like on high alert.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Boobycino; 28-08-2013 at 21:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure I feel about it. I've only ever come across dogs on leashes near playgrounds. I don't think I'd have a problem with it though. I have taught my kids (well DD, Ds is a bit young to understand stand) to ask before they pat another persons dog and to never pat strange dogs without the owners permission. I have let my dog off the lead in fenced parks before but only if there is no one else there, I put him straight back on the lead as soon as anyone else comes in.