+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    OP it's one of my pet peeves. I'm always a bit weary of dogs so it really bugs the begeezes out of me when people don't have them on a lead, they are UNPREDICTABLE!! Even if the owner believes that their dog is 'harmless' how am I supposed to know that?? It also annoys me when people have dogs but not fences around their houses to contain the dogs so when you go for a walk in the local area a dog comes bounding out to 'greet' you. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Years ago I went for a walk around local streets. I had my earphones on listening to music but I was aware of some noise behind me. I turned around to see this dog running towards me bearing it's teeth and barking/yapping furiously at me. It also had another dog right behind it. It's owner was talking the dog for a walk (obviously not on a lead) and yelled out to the dog in a 'can't really be arsed' tone "come here". I was really shaken. After that my Dad gave me a bit of hose to carry in my pocket in case I did get attacked by a dog.
    Oh yes not having dogs in a secure fenced property annoys me no end too! The amount of dog signs at the local post office re missing dogs that have escaped their yard is unbelievable. There have been 2 lately of people I know and I'm thinking "well if you don't want your dog to get out invest in a secure fence" not chicken wire! It should be mandatory that you need solid secure fencing to have a dog. We have an 1800 solid fence with locked gates at our place, we ensure our dogs cannot escape, we wouldn't have them otherwise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    [QUOTE=Arli;7415586]I personally don't understand people who are scared of dogs.
    Seriously? When you have been attacked by dogs, haven't grown up around them, have seen the news, think that gives some people a lot of reasons to be scared. Plus you said that your dogs have almost been attacked by other dogs, next time it could be you, then you may be scared.
    Dogs are unpredicatable. They could be a family pet for years and then snap, maybe while your child is patting them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Ill ask him! In theory I suppose it would? He says a lot of dog bites he gets called out for the dogs are on leads as kids naturally will go up and try pat them ect or out of control dogs in the off lead area - he says even if its off lead you are supposed to have total control over your dog at all times
    I'd be interested to know! Because I can think of a few parks we walk past where we definitely wouldn't be more than 10 metres from te play equipment.

I completely believe that is how a lot of dog bites happen. DD is completely fearless of dogs and totally in love with them and always wants to pat them.

I always get anxious when other kids want to pat ours. They are sweet and lovely and totally whores for pats, but all it takes is a pulled tail or poked eye and who knows?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Nmgb  (03-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dogs don't bother me much, but their owners sometimes do. I do think dogs should be on a lead unless they are in a dog beach/dog park. They are too unpredictable.

I was bitten by a dog while walking into a newsagents in London. The dog was on a lead, but hidden behind a large advertising sign. It latched on to my thigh as I walked passed, and despite me wearing tights and jeans (it was very cold!) I still have the scars 5 years later. When I went inside to ask whose dog it was and showed the owner the blood seeping from my leg, her response was 'Oh, the poor boy has been so sick.' I really wanted to put a muzzle on her right then!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Arli View Post
    I personally don't understand people who are scared of dogs.

Seriously? What a silly thing to say. Try being attacked and having your face bitten unprovoked and then you might understand.
    Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (28-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get annoyed by parents with children in off leash areas. Especially when the kids have food! My dogs are going to lick your kids and steal their lollipops.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Moose Caboose For This Useful Post:

angelini  (03-09-2013),GrabbyCrabby  (29-08-2013),Meg2  (29-08-2013),millsmum  (03-09-2013),snugglebum  (28-08-2013),wktz  (28-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arli View Post
    I personally don't understand people who are scared of dogs.
    Then you are extremely lucky that you haven't had an experience traumatising enough to make you fearful of them.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (28-08-2013),Mama Mirabelle  (29-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose Caboose View Post
    I get annoyed by parents with children in off leash areas. Especially when the kids have food! My dogs are going to lick your kids and steal their lollipops.

Lol, True that. I never thought of it from the dog park perspective. I went to
    the dog park once and there was about 10 teenagers there with a ghetto blaster and an esky. My dog LOVES a good party so he was more than happy to try to join in that one

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (29-08-2013),GrabbyCrabby  (29-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can't have a dog within 10 meters of a park where I am. There are signs posted at each playground stating it. In saying that though our domestic animal guys probably wouldn't come out to impound a dog if you called (unless someone was being attacked/the dog was being vicious) :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    When you've had a purebred fully grown male bull mastiff chase you, knock you over then put its jaws around your neck while its standing on your back, it's pretty easy to be afraid of dogs.
    Oh wow Indigo, I read this. Stopped, read it again and visualised it in my head - and my stomach turned and my blood went cold. I can't even imagine how you must have felt. What a terrifying and horrific experience.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to #Mama For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (28-08-2013)