+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Online wedding/formal gowns? Your experience?

My brother's fiance is after a wedding dress and looking at online ones. Has anyone ordered from one of these sites, what was the site and what was your experience like? She's looking at www.merledress.com at the moment but I have read some dodgy reviews!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no idea about that particular website sorry. But just wanted to say that buying online is not always the best way (or cheapest) to get a wedding gown. I work in a bridal shop and get so many upset brides come in as their online dresses have turned out horribly. I know some ladies do have luck and get a perfect dress but you always need to be wary. At the end of the day you dont want one of the happiest times in your life to end up being stressful & losing out on money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing. I've been looking for a formal dress online and there are heaps of the same type as on the website you posted on ebay, and I wonder what the quality/ fit is really like (everything looks great on an airbrushed model!!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I bought my wedding dress if eBay custom made from china, I loved it, it was here within 2 weeks and cost in total about $200 I had to get alterations done once it got here but have a neighbour who does dress making so that wasn't an issue for me. I'd be cautious and only buy from people with good reviews though, I also got bridesmaids dressed online and the place had a couple of bad reviews which they seemed to explain well with their comments, it took 5 months for them to arrive so needless to say was a bit stressing!! It's definitely hit and miss, if you have an extra couple of hundred in the budget go for it you could save thousands but if your on a really tight budget I'd probably exercise caution

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Buying a dress online without seeing it in person or trying it on just sounds like a one way ticket to heartbreak.

If she's on a tight budget, perhaps look for second hand dresses on eBay/gumtree in her local area where she can see the dress first etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just recently brought my wedding dress from Ava bridal on eBay after doing a lot of research. My dress arrived after 3 weeks and is perfect. I am having to get it taken in only because I have lost weight and the dress maker I am going through is impressed with how well it's made as she has seen a lot of horrible china dresses. My advice is to do your research, try and finds fire that shows photos of the dresses they have made and don't be lured in by the ridiculously low prices ($100) as they most likely wont be made with good quality fabric. If the price seems to good it probably is. My dress cost $300 inc postage so still a lot cheaper than the $2000 I was looking at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My friend just recently bought her wedding dress from Miss Fish Bridal- it cost about $450. It's lovely and well made, but it needs altering to fit her better, just as most dresses off-the-rack would.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my wedding dress from dressofyourdreams website. They are made in china but it is an Australian run website and they check over the dress before they send it out to you. Mine was almost perfect and didn't need altering. I paid a bit extra and sent in my exact measurements and got it custom made. When I went to bridal shops they said they do the same. Take your measurements, get dress made and then get you in again to make any final adjustments. So buying online is just the same but you save $100-1000s! I can highly recommend the dressifyourdreams site and their range is huge and prices good. Getting my dress cleaned after the wedding cost almost as much as the gown!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a look at ebay this morning, found a seller with no negative reviews and only 3 neutral which weren't that bad at all and showed that they attempt to fix probs. Apparently from what I've read some sites which have positive reviews are just removing all negative ones, but on ebay they don't exactly have the power to do that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    A friend of mine bought her wedding dress on eBay for 99c and $150 postage. She had a few little flowers and beads added to it but it was stunning