+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default When did your baby roll back to front?

DS is not rolling back to front but has been rolling front to back since 2 weeks. My other two where rolling at 5 weeks and 7 weeks which I know is early but whats the norm? I figured he'd b just like his siblings. He's at the stage of holding feet and falling to the side and he's really big. Would that affect his rolling? DD was crawling at 6 month. DS is nowhere near that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1 5 months
    DD2 3 months
    DD3 7 months

DD3 is now 8 months and is not sitting or crawling and does not appear to be even close whereas my older daughters were doing these things. All bubs are different

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS was about 5.5 months
    DD - 6.5 months but only in the last week has she been doing it consistently. She's nearly 8 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My ds first rolled (both ways from memory) at around 4.5 months, but then stopped for 2 - 3 weeks, so I guess he was 5 months and a bit.

My dd rolled front to back at 4 weeks, but then stopped (after rolling 5 times which freaked me out as I was *not* expecting it so soon) til 3 months when she rolled both ways.

From my understanding around 5 months is the norm, but it varies greatly. Much to my relief early rolling didn't mean early walking and so in the reverse, later rolling doesn't need to mean later crawling/walking (later than average anyway).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd rolled both ways from around 3 months. Ds never rolled onto his stomach EVER and refused to do tummy time as he had such a sore stomach from his CMPI. Poor little man ended up with a pretty bad flat spot on the back of his head. I was initially really worried that he never rolled and how it would effect his development but his been smack on for every other milestone and is a gorgeous clever 4 yr old now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD2 hated tummy time and literally put her head down and screamed whenever we attempted it. She had terrible reflux though and would sit quite happily from 6 months.
    At 9 months we started persisting with tummy time. She eventually rolled at 11 months, and within a fortnight was crawling, pulling herself to standing and cruising the furniture. She walked at 14 months. She's now almost 4 and an amazingly strong little gymnast.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sub Rosa For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (27-08-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD rolled onto her side from birth, and all the way on to her tummy at about 6 weeks, I think. Tummy to back a couple of weeks later

DS never actually rolled at all. He did it once by accident, and got a huge surprise, lol. Then he was crawling at 9.5 months but had never rolled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bub is 6 months & 1 week old, she rolled tummy to back at about 3 months, then she stopped and has only started doing it with ease for about the last 2-3 weeks. She's rolled back to tummy twice, about 5 weeks ago, but hasn't done it again since. She gets so close to it but her arm gets stuck underneath her which rolls her back into her tummy. I'm not too worried, the longer she's immobile, the better :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all. He loves tummy time whichbis why I thought he'd be keen to roll thatway. Hoping it means later walking. DS1 was running at 10 months(and concussion at 11m)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app