+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would suggest trying to avoid court if you can.
    Have you been to mediation. (you have to go their first before court anyway)
    Try and work something out with the mother so that your DP gets more time with his DD.

You can also do child inclusive mediation and the SD can talk to a mediator on her own to have her voice heard.
    If thats what the SD really wants then the mother might listen to the mediatiors over you guys.

Court is a long and tedious process and might not get you the result you want in the end.

Perhaps you could offer the mother different arrangments and see what suits her best.
    -Your DP could offer to do school pick up a few nights a week and have her over for dinner.
    -More time in school holidays
    -EOW and 2 nights during the week

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Dragon For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (29-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are not applying for sole custody but have SDD live with us with regular contact with her mother. 50/50 is not an option as she lives 1.5hrs away. Yes I know it sounds like we are taking advantage of a bad situation but without going into full detail we started the process almost 2 months ago and unfortunately the mediation is int he next few weeks and we have recently been informed of other events that have happened that have put SDD life at risk including the house fire as it has been reported as suspicious.

I am a parent myself and would never encourage a child be taken away from her mother or current living arrangements unless it was in the childs best interest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This seems a bit like 'kicking someone while theyre down' to me.. doesnt sit right. Imagine your house burning down and then someone coming along and taking your child away because of it

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBid For This Useful Post:

Ms Pink  (29-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBid View Post
    This seems a bit like 'kicking someone while theyre down' to me.. doesnt sit right. Imagine your house burning down and then someone coming along and taking your child away because of it
    Just from the limited information you have given in you posts i am inclined to agree with this, however if the child was in danger or I had substantiated suspicions of neglect or abuse then I would step in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd say that unless you can prove extreme neglect, then the chances of having the child taken away from her mother are quite slim.

Are there current patenting orders in place?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (29-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    I'd say that unless you can prove extreme neglect, then the chances of having the child taken away from her mother are quite slim.

Are there current patenting orders in place?
    Yep, this. My ex tried mediation, court, everything he could to get 50/50. He got sweet FA... one day he picks her up from school and brings her home after dinner that night, and one over night sleep per week. You never know what fight the mother has in her. I told my ex he would have to kill me before he could take my daughter away from me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Pink For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (29-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You can do it without a solicitor or you could approach a community legal centre who may agree to limited assistance, eg do the documents for you.