+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Super clingy cats while pregnant?

I was wondering if anyone else's cats have been super clingy with them since they became pregnant? At first I thought it was because it was winter and they love the blanket we use on the couch but now I'm realizing maybe its because I'm pregnant. It's ridiculous how determined they are to lay on me, it's driving me nuts!

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Yep, my younger cat is so protective of me too...if I sound upset or raise my voice she comes running over to me to comfort me. And both (I have two cats) like to sleep next to my belly now. They knew what was up as soon as I got pregnant.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Yup, I had 2 cats when pregnant wirh DS1 and one of them wouldnt leave me alone. She slept on my bump every single night and was just super affectionate.

When I was pregnant with DS3 my big male cat became super protective, slept between me anf DH and would scratch DH if he tried to touch me LOL. Which was actually funny because he was the most placid happy, affectionate cat ive ever owned.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's only just clicked that this is what's going on. They're (two of them) normal if I'm just dawdling around the house and right now they're not allowed to sleep in our room at night because they wake me (walk across our pillows, want to be fed at 3am, etc) so it's only when I'm on the sofa but its just constant! I'll move them or keep saying no and put them on their bed and they'll just turn around immediately and try to figure out how to get on me again, makes me feel claustrophobic sometimes. I wonder why they do this, what's going on in their head with it all. They're not being protective, just want to be on me, all the time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I think they may like the smell? Or something...like you smell maternal & you suddenly take on a whole new meaning for them? No idea really but thats my theory...

Thanks
    Reviews
    It definitely must be something like they can smell the hormones or something. But curious about what it means to them.

I'm sounding mean, like I don't want to cuddle them at all, I do enjoy the cuddles but after a while I just need some space! One of them is much more stubborn as well, like she has to lay exactly how she wants to lay on you, if you try to reposition her she just goes straight back to how she wants to be, the other is pretty floppy and just let's you position her how you like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    It definitely must be something like they can smell the hormones or something. But curious about what it means to them.

I'm sounding mean, like I don't want to cuddle them at all, I do enjoy the cuddles but after a while I just need some space! One of them is much more stubborn as well, like she has to lay exactly how she wants to lay on you, if you try to reposition her she just goes straight back to how she wants to be, the other is pretty floppy and just let's you position her how you like.
    I'm amazed they dont give up after awhile and just sit next to you instead. I love the attention from my cats but it can be uncomfortable if I get stuck on the couch with them. One cat doesn't mine me moving her at all, the other if i move her too much will jump off and do her own thing. No advice on how to get some space from your cats though...maybe try sitting in a position that makes it hard for them to settle down in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlotchedTabby View Post
    I'm amazed they dont give up after awhile and just sit next to you instead. I love the attention from my cats but it can be uncomfortable if I get stuck on the couch with them. One cat doesn't mine me moving her at all, the other if i move her too much will jump off and do her own thing. No advice on how to get some space from your cats though...maybe try sitting in a position that makes it hard for them to settle down in?

One is like yours, after a cuddle if I plop her on a cushion she'll stay there. But the stubborn one! Just keeps coming back. I laughed at your suggestion to try sitting a certain way, she'll still keep at it, climbing on me and meowing until I move. Driving me mad! This is also the cat that is normally more independent and often sleeps in the guest room by herself, such a turn around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep mine was like that when I was preg. Once I had my baby he now hates me.
    Seriously we were the best of buddies but since I have another son ( cat being my first) to look after and now he is super jealous and evils me from across the room. I still love him and it hurts he doesn't. Haha sounds crazy..cat people should understand me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes mine's been super cuddly & clingy. He has epilepsy and one of the signs he's about to have a fit is he follows me everywhere, climbs on me (as close to my face as possible) and doesn't get off. He then has the fit (not on me thankfully) and goes about as normal.

Well he's been acting like this everyday since before I found out I was UTD. For weeks I thought he was having fits whilst I was out because I never saw him have one. It then clicked he's been acting this way because of bub. He always lies on my bump, even if I'm on my side and if I kick him off he snuggles in beside me. He's a funny little thing, if he can't see me he'll start crying and I have to call him as soon as he hears me he comes running in crying louder like he's telling me off for leaving him in the other room alone.