+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do, but I hate them. And if they look really unclean I probably wouldn't.

I don't understand why local councils build playgrounds with the swings in a sandpit. It's one thing to soften a potential fall, but sand is just the pits! Hate it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only in certain spots but dd hates sand anyway so we tend to avoid. Im actually glad my dd is TERRIFIED of sand. In our area there were numerous used needles found at several parks that had sand. I don't like sand either and if the park looks dodgey I wont walk through the sand cos of fear of whats burried underneath.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and also in our area we have tons of stray cats that hang out in the park just down the road and I wont go near that one cos it smells reaaaaly bad. Albeit from cat pee and poo.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never seen one at a public playground, and if I did, no I wouldn't. And to be honest, I don't think DS would be very interested if there was other play equipment around.

We have a sandpit at home and DS plays in that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    We live at the beach so sand is a huge part of our kids' lives. They have them at school, at most if not all playgrounds and (obviously) at the beach. When we first moved here I hated sand but now I've made my peace with it. My kids love it and I've never found anything dirtier than a drink bottle in any of the places we go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a sand pit at our local park. The worst I've seen is leaves and sticks or bits of rubbish from kids good packaging (popper straws etc).

Ds loves playing in he sand pit and I live it too as mr active cant run away from me quickly lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I don't. I have reluctantly let him play at parks with sand in the past, but I hate them and avoid them nowadays, It stresses me out too much seeing him stick his hand in the sand never knowing what awful thing he may pull out if it. Disregarded needles terrify me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have one. It's covered up and I've never let the kids play in it. Mostly because we have 2 cats and lots of neighbouring cats who would just love to get their bums in there and use it as their personal poo pit. It's just in the too hard basket TBH.
    As for other sandpits, I don't forbid it but I do avoid it. I hate sand. I despise sand. It gets everywhere and I just loathe the mess it creates. I don't worry about germs or stuff in it, it's never crossed my mind actually. It's for purely selfish reasons only that I avoid it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our fave parks playground is on top of sand. I let them play on the playground but I stop them digging etc in the sand. The local cat uses it as his litter box and I refuse to let my kids dig up his business.
    I hate the sand. I wish the estate had used something else.

Usually I'd have no problem with it, say at the beach, so it's not the sand, its the fact it's a giant litter box for the roaming cats.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rarity For This Useful Post:

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo  (27-08-2013)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, definitely, never had a problem in over 9 years.