+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Renting in qld - form 1a

Anyone have any knowledge on this form?

We started paying rent on a place beginning of june, but never even entered the property until end of July. We completed the form 1a and outlined all existing damage on the property within 3 days of entering property, but today upon following up on receipt of that form the property manager has advised that the empty form stands as we shoukd have completed and returned the form within 3 days of moving into the property (which is what we did).
    We havent even moved our furniture into the property as DP and l havent gotten our act together, and now l'm worried we sre going to lose our bond over existing damage on the property.

Most of the damage is just wear and tear type stuff but there was a big scratch on tiles which wasn't noted, stain on ceasarstone bench and small holes plasterboard where fridge would go in.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    3 days from the commencement date of the lease is the usual time frame to get the entry report in to the RE.
    I'm not sure that much can be done about it now? Maybe contact the RTA and your local tenancy advocacy service for advice?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Night Owl  (27-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you haven't moved anything in yet, take photos of everything that's not already noted on the form. If they can see that none of your belongings are there, they can hardly blame you for it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Night Owl  (27-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would give them a call and ask them to go through it with you, maybe it was noted on a routine inspection but the entry report was never updated ( which happens quite commonly).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MeeG For This Useful Post:

Night Owl  (27-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been emailing property manager and explained we haven't moved large furniture into the property and that l have photos of everything l noted if she requires it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    While the legiskation stipulates 3 days to return. We have been told by an adjudicator at qcat that he isn't real fussed by that rule.

The thing with photos is they must be printed and signed and attached to the entry condition report otherwise they technically don't hold up in court.

I wouldn't worry too much if it's just the things you have said as they are not big things and could be argued fair wear and tear anyway.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Donnab739 For This Useful Post:

Night Owl  (27-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder if it matter if l didnt print photos given that the photos are dated in the details of the jpg file.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would save the email correspondence from the real estate as back up. I worked in real estate for 5 years and been to court a few times ( although it doesn't end badly) it's always good to keep this kinda stuff just in case. But like other PP said if its wear and tear there shouldn't be an issue

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MeeG For This Useful Post:

Night Owl  (27-08-2013)