+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Shared care at Queanbeyan Hospital

Hi, I'm looking for some help on how to get things organised for shared care at Queanbeyan Hospital. I've just found out that I'm pregnant, my regular GP is in Canberra and as I live in Queanebyan, I need to find another doctor.
    Do I need to contact the doctors surgery first? (was thinking of seeing Dr Davis as I've heard good things about him), or do I need to talk to the hospital first? Sorry, this seems like such a stupid question, but I'm feeling really lost and don't know who to talk to. Any help wold be great.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I am not in queenbeyan, but I can tell you how I set up my shared care. You have to go a GP in your area first, and after doing some tests, the GP will send your referral to the hospital. This referral is usually done before 12 weeks. Then, you will get your first appointment with the midwives. The GP will also refer you to your NT scan as well as Morph scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks

I finally got around to finding out, so if anyone else is searching, you need to fill in the hospital booking sheet first and wait for them the arrange your first midwife appointment. Following that, you can ring the doctor's surgery and they will schedule your appointments around that.

Thanks!!

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-07-2013, 12:17
  2. Ipswich Hospital Shared Care Services ??
    By Fairy82 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 18:09
  3. For those who have 50/50 Shared Care....
    By overcrowded in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-12-2012, 05:57