Closed Thread
Page 79 of 83 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelby27 View Post
    Channy I read awhile back that your mum was a bit concerned about your birth plan, how does she feel now?
    She's still a bit concerned about the birth centre and water birth but has agreed to keep her opinions to herself hubby and I are pretty happy with our plans (altho they could easily all go down the toilet). It's hard to know what's right for u when it's ur first but well see how we go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Attachment 43842

Tiny baby clothes
    Too cute getting all ready for Tobys arrival.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    She's still a bit concerned about the birth centre and water birth but has agreed to keep her opinions to herself hubby and I are pretty happy with our plans (altho they could easily all go down the toilet). It's hard to know what's right for u when it's ur first but well see how we go.
    Just wanted to let you know I had a drug free water birth for DS my first, obviously bloody painful but will be trying for it again this time. I remember my mum not saying anything during the pregnancy but at the time (she was with me and DH when I gave birth), when I was pushing she was worried about DS being born in water and him drowning, I also went home 5-6 hours after DS was born and she was a bit concerned about that too. I guess in her day you laid on your back, pushed and stayed in hospital for 5 days. But it all went so well, no stitches and I think the water helped with that, and the fact that I just did whatever my midwife told me to do, big push little push etc. I went through a midwifery program too and I had my midwife with me the whole pregnancy, at the birth and she visited me at home everyday for the first 3-4 days, then every now and then. She was amazing i had her whenever i needed her for the next 8 weeks and my mum loved how it all went in the end. DS was a surprise so I loved reaching down to pull DS out in the bath, hold him and present to DH that he had a son.

Many friends said to me just go for the drugs you will need them, but I'm competitive and don't like being told I can't do something before i even try and having doubt in my mind, so stay strong you can do this

Most of my friends had drug free births though.

Things don't always go to plan and we where just winging it and luckily didn't have to go to any backup plans. Anyway that's just my story
    Last edited by shelby27; 07-10-2013 at 21:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelby27 View Post
    Just wanted to let you know I had a drug free water birth for DS my first, obviously bloody painful but will be trying for it again this time. I remember my mum not saying anything during the pregnancy but at the time (she was with me and DH when I gave birth), when I was pushing she was worried about DS being born in water and him drowning, I also went home 5-6 hours after DS was born and she was a bit concerned about that too. I guess in her day you laid on your back, pushed and stayed in hospital for 5 days. But it all went so well, no stitches and I think the water helped with that, and the fact that I just did whatever my midwife told me to do, big push little push etc. I went through a midwifery program too and I had my midwife with me the whole pregnancy, at the birth and she visited me at home everyday for the first 3-4 days, then every now and then. She was amazing i had her whenever i needed her for the next 8 weeks and my mum loved how it all went in the end. DS was a surprise so I loved reaching down to pull DS out in the bath, hold him and present to DH that he had a son.

Many friends said to me just go for the drugs you will need them, but I'm competitive and don't like being told I can't do something before i even try and having doubt in my mind, so stay strong you can do this

Most of my friends had drug free births though.

Things don't always go to plan and we where just winging it and luckily didn't have to go to any backup plans. Anyway that's just my story
    Thank you for sharing I hope I have the same experience. I think you are right, it's a generation thing and I don't think our mothers had as many options or information as we do now. I have watched loads of water births on you tube lately and am so keen to try.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

shelby27  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucky you! I have always struggled with losing weight so am sure it will be a hard slog for me, but oh well
    I'm the same with losing weight. I can gain it easily, but losing it is bloody hard. I gained 20kg when pregnant, 11 weeks later I've lost 13kgs. It's coming off so slowly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I'm the same with losing weight. I can gain it easily, but losing it is bloody hard. I gained 20kg when pregnant, 11 weeks later I've lost 13kgs. It's coming off so slowly.
    Well done!! Iv gained 7 so far at 24wks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So excited going to the annual bridal industry awards night tonight, iv been nominated for two categories!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

munchkin859  (08-10-2013),Pumpkin1106  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow! Good luck Channy!!!!

Angel Baby ~Skye~ 21/11/2012

11. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin859 For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So excited going to the annual bridal industry awards night tonight, iv been nominated for two categories!
    Good luck!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that's great congrats!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to shelby27 For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (08-10-2013)