Closed Thread
Page 62 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    I do them sometimes but def not daily. I find them really tedious but know I need to start doing it more regularly.
    Yes, I forget to do them too. Your gym classes post bubs will help get them back, but will also need the extra helping hand. I find star jumps easy, but my aim is to get back to tuck jumps - could do them after my first 3, but damaged my pelvic floor with our surprise bubs that we lost. I also need to put reminders around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Channy I agree pelvic floor exercises are important

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Omg i have the worst chest infection and i just had the powerchuck from hell.. Took Panadol, started dry retching, cue powerchuck on the bathroom floor and all over the loo (thank GOD it's now in the same room!!) finished throwing up to find I have a blood nose. Stop blood nose, get bucket to clean up, repeat process above..... Arrghhh!! Thank god no-one saw!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no waiting. Sounds horrible!!!
    Hope you feel better soon x

Angel Baby ~Skye~ 21/11/2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting, thanks for all the advice on bfing. I didnt think it was that difficult. I just assumed it would happen. Now, maybe i should watch some videos on youtube as well.

For all those with scans today, all the best, hope you can see bub clearly.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mommyindec For This Useful Post:

munchkin859  (23-09-2013)

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    After some advice, tmi but about 3 times now I have had light bladder leakage when sneezing. Does this mean I have really weak pelvic floor muscles? This has never happened before I was pregnant
    I go to pre/post natal physio because of a weak pelvis, nothing to do with the muscles but she is having me do pelvic floor exercises too. She says the strength of your pelvic floor muscles at 20 weeks are a good indicator of how they will be after birth. So here's how she has be do mine: there are 2 exercises 1 - lying on my back, knees in the air. if it's uncomfy or makes you dizzy try on your side - not sitting as you want as little pressure as possible so don't do it sitting. Pull up your pelvic floor like you'd be picking up a rock off the floor, be sure you feel your muscles around your anus pull up too and hold as long as you can. Try not to let it fizzle out because you lift, count, then release (drop the rock). Do a few and see what you get up to then do that set for 6 or 8 reps every night. After a few weeks, see if you can increase the hold. 2 - do the same thing but in quick pulses of 8 or 10 or whatever you can manage.

Definitely the "knack" as Little Ted said and do these daily! I do them before bed. Anything is better than nothing!!

I hope that makes sense. Hopefully it helps as bubs gets bigger!

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no Waiting! I hope you feel better!

I agree BF'ing is easy for some and not for others and getting conflicting advise just does your head in. I just made sure that DD was latched correctly, the midwives agreed on what that looked like at least. I did have to learn my own way to push/manipulate by nipple in properly and I have tiny breasts. But I think that's just something you and bubs figure out together. It hurt my nipples at the beginning and if you have a cesarian, it also makes your incisions hurt because your uterus contracts when you BF. I'm always jealous of the puppies I deliver because they latch to mom straight away with no issues!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waitinghoping - oh crap to be sick right now Hoping it passes quick for you x

Channy - I sometimes have this problem now despite the pelvic floor exercises... Its such a pain! I just have to remember to clench as hard as possible lol.

Mummyindec - I went to BF classes and I actually did remember most of it. The problem was the classes taught me that if they latch on correctly it wont hurt. This is total crap. My baby latched on perfectly but my nipples were cracked, bleeding and in total agony. I would break out in a total sweat and tremble with the pain every time I fed him in those first 2 weeks. I was not prepared for this. My advice - just feed through it. The nipples eventually toughen and the more you do to give them rests or express etc, the longer they will take to toughen up. Also - avoid comp feeding. The only way to have enough milk is to FEED FEED FEED. Its total supply v demand. I can honestly say that of all the mums in my last due in group - all of those that comp fed in the early days - their breast feeding days were short lived and lasted a few months comp feeding at the most. It also takes a good 6 weeks to build supply. You have to feed every 2-3hrs from both boobs day and night to really get that supply going. Its a huge commitment!

AFM - I've been away in Melbourne for a week. I had some light bleeding for 5 days last week which freaked me out but nothing since Saturday. I have more bloods done tomorrow so really hoping they have risen nicely and all is well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumsical View Post
    Waitinghoping - oh crap to be sick right now Hoping it passes quick for you x

Channy - I sometimes have this problem now despite the pelvic floor exercises... Its such a pain! I just have to remember to clench as hard as possible lol.

Mummyindec - I went to BF classes and I actually did remember most of it. The problem was the classes taught me that if they latch on correctly it wont hurt. This is total crap. My baby latched on perfectly but my nipples were cracked, bleeding and in total agony. I would break out in a total sweat and tremble with the pain every time I fed him in those first 2 weeks. I was not prepared for this. My advice - just feed through it. The nipples eventually toughen and the more you do to give them rests or express etc, the longer they will take to toughen up. Also - avoid comp feeding. The only way to have enough milk is to FEED FEED FEED. Its total supply v demand. I can honestly say that of all the mums in my last due in group - all of those that comp fed in the early days - their breast feeding days were short lived and lasted a few months comp feeding at the most. It also takes a good 6 weeks to build supply. You have to feed every 2-3hrs from both boobs day and night to really get that supply going. Its a huge commitment!

AFM - I've been away in Melbourne for a week. I had some light bleeding for 5 days last week which freaked me out but nothing since Saturday. I have more bloods done tomorrow so really hoping they have risen nicely and all is well
    I agree about the feed, feed, feed, but unfortunately it doesn't always work that way. Sienna, from the beginning, wasn't gaining enough weight. I had the pediatrician and midwives in hospital, tell me I had to give her formula top ups. Then once we left hospital she still wasn't gaining enough and I got told to give her even more formula. Unfortunately the medical focus was solely on weight gain, and not on successful breast feeding. 9 weeks on, I am still mix feeding. I have tried feeding her constantly throughout the day, and can get to about 3:00 without giving her formula, but then she starts screaming and screaming cos she's not getting enough. I am taking motilium and fenugreek to increase my supply which hasn't had miraculous results. My MIL is here until Saturday and once she's gone I'm going to express religiously after every feed and 2 hourly throughout the night. This is difficult, but I haven't given up on breastfeeding and hope that I'll be able to increase my supply

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Lil Smurfy Yeah I tried fenugreek but it did nothing. Sounds like a good plan with the expressing - it will take a good week for feeding almost constantly and expressing after to build up more milk. Lots of water and I also found when I returned to the gym when DS was 6 weeks old it really helped my milk - especially after a workout I was bursting lol. Turned out I had no issue with supply - but my nipples only had 2 holes that milk would come out of so it took FOREVER to feed my DS. I didn't discover this until I started expressing and saw just how slowly my milk flowed during a let down.