Closed Thread
Page 59 of 83 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Squiggs - hope you feel better, that sucks still vomiting all the time Must be crazy seeing 2 little people moving around in there... my bubs looks like an octopus when it moves and Ive only got one!!

Pink knickers are on...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SquiggsMom View Post
    Wow! The nesting bug has certainly set in for a lot of you. I never got it with DD and this time around isn't looking so great either. If you're all done with your places and need something else to do, come on down!

MCB - don't worry re-night positions and breast feeding. Once you two get the hang of it, which was a few days for DD luckily, you'll be able to do it in your sleep! Cute DF is so clucky too!

AFM - not much happening. Just when I think maybe I'll take a day or two off from the MS pills, I wake up and 3:30 and run to the bathroom and throw up water. How unfair is that? The most benign thing you can put in your mouth and every 2 weeks that's the vomiting trigger! I can start to see the babies kick now. Funny to watch 2 different places on my tummy go up and down.
    Aw hugs squiggs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    Squiggs - hope you feel better, that sucks still vomiting all the time Must be crazy seeing 2 little people moving around in there... my bubs looks like an octopus when it moves and Ive only got one!!

Pink knickers are on...
    Yay for pink knickers lol!!

Here is my pink duck face in support of the day haha

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1379643687.296826.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    MCB - honestly I got very little from the breastfeeding session last time. Its so different learning on a doll to trying to feed a real live baby. I actually got more from watching YouTube videos of people demonstrating feeding real babies. Im not expecting to get much out of it this time, just got some questions I want to ask the LC that are specific to my situation as I had terrible feeding issues with DD that Im trying to prevent this time so want to put strategies in place early on while in hospital too to try to prevent issues again. Im not saying that people shouldnt go to them, I just feel that trying to "remember it all" just puts too much pressure on yourself now (I speak from experience here cos its what I tried to do last time...). I remember being shocked at just how simple it seemed in the class - boob out, position, baby to open mouth, bring baby to breast...... yet the reality in the early days it was like trying to wrestle with a crocodile. Arms and legs going everywhere (and not just DDs!!) screaming, wriggling, mouth snapping baby.... arrrghhh such a contrast!

My suggestions for 1st time Mums (feel free to ignore, but its things I wish I had known before DD):
    - Relax, get what info you can to be informed now rather than going in blind but dont expect to have all the answers. I found that once I had a real baby, the sleep deprivation and overwhelming hormones caused me to forget everything I had learnt in class anyway!!!!
    - expect to hit speed bumps along the way because no matter how natural breastfeeding is, it doesnt always come naturally to mums and babies!!! It is a learnt skill! (and not all babies can b/feed despite what people say).
    - Every baby is different, what works for one doesnt work for another
    - HARRASS the midwives or see if you can see a LC when you are in hospy once you have had bubs. Help with positioning will probably benefit you much more then with a real live baby.
    - Enjoy it, dont stress over times, how much they are feeding etc etc. If baby has wet nappies, is gaining weight and is content, then you are doing a great job.
    Im sure you will be fine
    Thanks for the tips Waiting very much appreciated
    I have watched a few videos on breast feeding and I found them quite informative which is good. I'm much more of a hands on learner and I don't except it to be easy! Definitely not like they show in movies anyways

I'm looking forward to the classes just to see what they say, who else is there and just getting out of the house to be honest haha. DF just wants to feel included I think as he misses a lot being at work. Luckily the baby is kicking stronger now and he feels her a lot but he always says he wish he could feel it like I can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    haha nice! Not sure you would want to see my duckface considering I would need to show knickers

6. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (20-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    Yay for pink knickers lol!!

Here is my pink duck face in support of the day haha

Attachment 42728
    You're gorgeous and pink lippy suits you

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MichelleClareBear For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (20-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Squiggs I'm sorry you're still struggling with MS! That really sucks did you get it with you DD at all?
    I hope it goes away soon xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    haha nice! Not sure you would want to see my duckface considering I would need to show knickers
    Hahahahaha

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleClareBear View Post
    Squiggs I'm sorry you're still struggling with MS! That really sucks did you get it with you DD at all?
    I hope it goes away soon xx
    Not like this and it was gone by week 14. I went from 8mg twice a day to 4mg once a day. So it's much better. It's just when I think, hmm, maybe I'll skip a day and see if I can make it through is when I have that first sip of water in the morning and it comes back up. Fortunately I am fine after that and just take a pill and I'm fine the rest of the day. The joys of extra hormones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleClareBear View Post
    I was originally going to go by myself but I actually feel much more relaxed when DF is there, plus when I'm sleep deprived I will like his support with remembering all the positions ect. Plus i am terrible at repeating information, I always get jumbled and forget things... My memory is bad during pregnancy!
    My midwife suggested he come along even if he just sits off to the side.
    hope your back feels better! Nothing worse than not being able to move properly.

Im wearing pink undies! No point wearing lipstick around the house
    My BF class was women only. Hubby learnt a lot about BFing from the midwives during our hospital stay. He was great when we were home and Sienna wasn't latching.