Closed Thread
Page 58 of 83 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Belly update, finally had to take out my belly ring after 27 weeks:
    Attached Images

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MichelleClareBear For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleClareBear View Post
    Belly update, finally had to take out my belly ring after 27 weeks:
    It's a weird feeling not having it hey? Love ur beautiful bump

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

MichelleClareBear  (20-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hp everyone's got their hot pink lipstick on for breast cancer today! 👄
    Last edited by ChannyV; 20-09-2013 at 10:04.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Lovely bump

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

MichelleClareBear  (20-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive got a Dyson, love it! Had cheaper machines but DH keeps wearing them out doing renovations GRRRRRR! Was a splurge but I figure it will last ages

MCB - cute bump! Ive got my b/feeding class in a week and a half. My hospital actually recommend that Dads not attend (they can, but its preferred they dont) so that the Mums feel more comfortable asking questions, trying out positions and not feeling silly etc. Then they give info for the Mums to take home and share with the Dads about how they can help / support etc. I was lucky last time, the day my class was booked was over 40C so they cancelled everyone else who could attend one the next month, and cos I was nearly due I got a 1:1 session with the LC

My back is SOOOO sore, keep waking up every morning sore. Hanging for my chiro appointment and I think Im going to book a pregnancy massage soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Channy - I dont even OWN lipstick!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might have to wear pink undies instead

10. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (20-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    Ive got a Dyson, love it! Had cheaper machines but DH keeps wearing them out doing renovations GRRRRRR! Was a splurge but I figure it will last ages

MCB - cute bump! Ive got my b/feeding class in a week and a half. My hospital actually recommend that Dads not attend (they can, but its preferred they dont) so that the Mums feel more comfortable asking questions, trying out positions and not feeling silly etc. Then they give info for the Mums to take home and share with the Dads about how they can help / support etc. I was lucky last time, the day my class was booked was over 40C so they cancelled everyone else who could attend one the next month, and cos I was nearly due I got a 1:1 session with the LC

My back is SOOOO sore, keep waking up every morning sore. Hanging for my chiro appointment and I think Im going to book a pregnancy massage soon.
    I was originally going to go by myself but I actually feel much more relaxed when DF is there, plus when I'm sleep deprived I will like his support with remembering all the positions ect. Plus i am terrible at repeating information, I always get jumbled and forget things... My memory is bad during pregnancy!
    My midwife suggested he come along even if he just sits off to the side.
    hope your back feels better! Nothing worse than not being able to move properly.

Im wearing pink undies! No point wearing lipstick around the house

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    It's a weird feeling not having it hey? Love ur beautiful bump
    It's really weird, I've had it such a long time! But it would get caught whenever I rolled in bed and DF kept catching it when we cuddled so I had to take it out but I miss it!
    aww thank you

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow! The nesting bug has certainly set in for a lot of you. I never got it with DD and this time around isn't looking so great either. If you're all done with your places and need something else to do, come on down!

MCB - don't worry re-night positions and breast feeding. Once you two get the hang of it, which was a few days for DD luckily, you'll be able to do it in your sleep! Cute DF is so clucky too!

AFM - not much happening. Just when I think maybe I'll take a day or two off from the MS pills, I wake up and 3:30 and run to the bathroom and throw up water. How unfair is that? The most benign thing you can put in your mouth and every 2 weeks that's the vomiting trigger! I can start to see the babies kick now. Funny to watch 2 different places on my tummy go up and down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MCB - honestly I got very little from the breastfeeding session last time. Its so different learning on a doll to trying to feed a real live baby. I actually got more from watching YouTube videos of people demonstrating feeding real babies. Im not expecting to get much out of it this time, just got some questions I want to ask the LC that are specific to my situation as I had terrible feeding issues with DD that Im trying to prevent this time so want to put strategies in place early on while in hospital too to try to prevent issues again. Im not saying that people shouldnt go to them, I just feel that trying to "remember it all" just puts too much pressure on yourself now (I speak from experience here cos its what I tried to do last time...). I remember being shocked at just how simple it seemed in the class - boob out, position, baby to open mouth, bring baby to breast...... yet the reality in the early days it was like trying to wrestle with a crocodile. Arms and legs going everywhere (and not just DDs!!) screaming, wriggling, mouth snapping baby.... arrrghhh such a contrast!

My suggestions for 1st time Mums (feel free to ignore, but its things I wish I had known before DD):
    - Relax, get what info you can to be informed now rather than going in blind but dont expect to have all the answers. I found that once I had a real baby, the sleep deprivation and overwhelming hormones caused me to forget everything I had learnt in class anyway!!!!
    - expect to hit speed bumps along the way because no matter how natural breastfeeding is, it doesnt always come naturally to mums and babies!!! It is a learnt skill! (and not all babies can b/feed despite what people say).
    - Every baby is different, what works for one doesnt work for another
    - HARRASS the midwives or see if you can see a LC when you are in hospy once you have had bubs. Help with positioning will probably benefit you much more then with a real live baby.
    - Enjoy it, dont stress over times, how much they are feeding etc etc. If baby has wet nappies, is gaining weight and is content, then you are doing a great job.

Im sure you will be fine
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 20-09-2013 at 12:14.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

MrsLA  (21-09-2013)