Closed Thread
Page 51 of 83 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thats good to hear that your Mum's BF is ok MCB - must be so scary especially as he is still only in his 50's.

I have my first beta blood test at my Fertility Clinic on Thursday - is it strange that I am excited? lol. They will do 1 more the following week and then just a scan at 7 weeks to check for a HB. My HPT have been getting a bit darker each day so that at 13dpo its now as dark as the control line. I feel pretty confident that all will be well

Now just to pray that I don't get slammed quite so hard with the dreaded MS stick this time...

Also - did any of you continue to play sport during your pregnancy? I play netball twice a week and think I will continue so long as I feel good.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumsical For This Useful Post:

MichelleClareBear  (16-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wobbler I got a boori sleigh cot for $400 off gumtree, it's immaculate and has the drawer underneath and a mattress in perfect condition but I will get a new one anyway. Im still searching for a matching walnut colours change table! We also want a bugaboo but I am after the buffalo which has only just come out and not available second hand yet that I can find. So my compromise was second hand furniture - even though DH was happy to buy it all new I honestly don't see the point spending thousands when I can spend a fraction of the cost and have more money for other things!

MCB I wish a speedy recovery for him, how awful to have such a huge surgery so young too!

i am a very active person and I'm always getting in trouble for doing too much, as I say to everyone "while I can, I will." I know what's too much for me and my baby. I still ride my horses regularly but much slower and laid back pleasure riding, i have ceased competing and all forms of jumping til after birth. I cop alot of flack and negativity but hey - if Zara Phillips/Tindall can do it then so can I
    I can't sit still, my husband lost his chewy at me for doing some mowing Saturday (ride on!) and banished me to the house for the rest of the day, when he came inside after a day on the mower I had moved exercise equipment out of the now nursery, cleaned polished and assembled the cot, re organised all the shelving in the WIR of the nursery, moved our couch back inside after having the steam cleaners do the carpets, 12 months worth of filing and made 2 banana breads and a beef hot pot. He just shook his head and sighed haha!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ponytail For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponytail View Post
    Wobbler I got a boori sleigh cot for $400 off gumtree, it's immaculate and has the drawer underneath and a mattress in perfect condition but I will get a new one anyway. Im still searching for a matching walnut colours change table! We also want a bugaboo but I am after the buffalo which has only just come out and not available second hand yet that I can find. So my compromise was second hand furniture - even though DH was happy to buy it all new I honestly don't see the point spending thousands when I can spend a fraction of the cost and have more money for other things!

MCB I wish a speedy recovery for him, how awful to have such a huge surgery so young too!

i am a very active person and I'm always getting in trouble for doing too much, as I say to everyone "while I can, I will." I know what's too much for me and my baby. I still ride my horses regularly but much slower and laid back pleasure riding, i have ceased competing and all forms of jumping til after birth. I cop alot of flack and negativity but hey - if Zara Phillips/Tindall can do it then so can I
    I can't sit still, my husband lost his chewy at me for doing some mowing Saturday (ride on!) and banished me to the house for the rest of the day, when he came inside after a day on the mower I had moved exercise equipment out of the now nursery, cleaned polished and assembled the cot, re organised all the shelving in the WIR of the nursery, moved our couch back inside after having the steam cleaners do the carpets, 12 months worth of filing and made 2 banana breads and a beef hot pot. He just shook his head and sighed haha!
    Oh dear, you're as bad as me Pony! I mowed the lawns the other day with just a normal push mower and I was pooped! Didn't help it was 28 degrees in the middle of the day either haha.
    i say go for it, you're not going to have this energy once bub is born and its not hurting him/her!

I am rearranging all the cupboards this week as well as the pantry as its been driving me bonkers!

DF is finally putting up the wall decals today and I'm off to spotlight to get done stuff so I can continue making stuff for the nursery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always kept active and was walking up a steep hill everyday up until about 34ish weeks. Kept my weight down, I felt awesome throughout pregnancy and didn't feel anything until I was in hospital and fully dilated!!! ( I wonder if that helped?) lol
    You know your body! As long as you don't push it close to the end, then I say go for it!!! Your body will slow you down soon enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I played netball once a week until 13wks and now I do pump, rpm and combat with a heart rate monitor on each week to make sure it doesn't go over 130. I say do whatever you feel comfortable with

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ponytail - I managed to find a Boori changetable on ebay eventually - but I was looking for the bookcase and never found one close enough. In the end I went to bunnings and they had a perfect matching walnut stain and I painted a plain pine bookcase with it and it came up amazing - matches all the walnut Boori stuff perfectly. So if you get stuck grab another coloured change table and just stain over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with you girls, my body will slow me down. There will come a time when I simply won't fit in my saddle, I can't do my jodhpurs up as it is and they don't make maternity ones lol

Thanks for that mumsical! I will look into it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im the same, have been pretty active throughout the pregnancy (not played any sports but have been walking regularly and to yoga after 13 weeks cos I was on an activity ban during 1st trimester due to bleeding) plus running around all day after DD and working in a very busy on-my-feet-all-day role... havent weighed myself for a while, might have to do it again soon. I dont think Ive put much on, just baby weight. Apparently you cant even tell Im pregnant from the back, then I turn around and its like "WHOA", my belly goes for miles

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a problem last pregnancy towards the end as I also show dogs most weekends which involves a lot of running, heavy lifting and just general energy. The last time I showed my dogs was at 35 weeks but I must have been too big as that day I tore all the ligaments in my groin and pelvis and could not move (literally had to crawl to the toilet) for 2 weeks after and beyond that could only walk a very short distance. I find that even now more than 2yrs later if I do anything really strenuous I get really achy in the groin area...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish I had the energy and no morning sickness so could go back to the gym just to go walking on the treadmill hopefully soon.

Think DH is just worried about the second hand furniture as was ok till i said he'd have to sand down and then repaint and then it was all too much hard work lol. I know he is busy but between us we have 2 retired fathers who would have time to help out. Didn't know the sleigh cots were that much bigger, already have some sheets that i bought already as loved them they are the hungry caterpillar ones for my hungry caterpillar themed nursery.

My parents still have the high chair that we all used at their house. Might get dad to clean it up and restain again. I think it would be cool if bubs was to use it as well as it was used for all 3 of us and my dad 61 years ago and have a feeling it was my nans aswell so would be more then 80 years old now it is just a big solid wood highchair, no safety straps but we all survived it without falling out and was even used as a seat when older and we had a hairdresser come to the house to do our hair.

MCB good to hear that you have some good news, hopefully he continues to improve.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post: