Closed Thread
Page 50 of 83 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    Congrats Mumsical and welcome.

Had the opportunity to buy a good pram and car capsule from a school friend for $400 but DH turned around and has now said no will buy everything new, stupid idiot, well for that he can stop winging about the price of things I want to buy I was trying to save money so could get what I wanted, still will but will have to pay more. Cannot wait to start looking at things properly and putting down lay bys on things. Have told parents I dont want xmas presents this year I am happy if they still want to get us stuff to just make it baby stuff as I know they want to do that as well and since we have more money then any of the parents or siblings I don't want them spending anything they don't have if they are really insistant on buying us stuff.
    Aww missing out on a bargain sucks :-/
    Especially if he's having a whinge about money.
    I've been to toys r us, but am too scared to go to any baby shops, for some reason I imagine it to be like pru and tru from kath and Kim (anyone remember them?)
    I just worry that they'll be all judgy and say i look 8 months pregnant instead of 16 weeks, I'm not sure why I'm so concerned with what they think?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well I thought saving money would be a good thing since we are building a house too. Know i wont be allowed a bugaboo as they cost too much same as the boori sleigh cot i want but not budging on the cot lol. I look massive but only 10 wks doesnt help being 84kgs and only 163 cms.
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DaenerysT View Post
    Aww missing out on a bargain sucks :-/
    Especially if he's having a whinge about money.
    I've been to toys r us, but am too scared to go to any baby shops, for some reason I imagine it to be like pru and tru from kath and Kim (anyone remember them?)
    I just worry that they'll be all judgy and say i look 8 months pregnant instead of 16 weeks, I'm not sure why I'm so concerned with what they think?!
    They are nothing like Tru and Prue - I never found baby shop staff judge mental - quiet the opposite and I always found bargains!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wobblermummy - with my first my husband was the voice of reason and I wanted to buy the best of everything lol. I also wanted the Boori cot and a Bugaboo. I compromised and ended up getting both off ebay. The pram I paid $750 and it was in mint condition and 1yr old. The woman who had it before me was too scared to use it in case it got ruined haha. The cot I paid a crazy $250 and that included the under bed draw and when I got there she gave me the mattress free (I already had a mattress but it looked brand new so I took it anyway as a spare). Best decision ever! My DS is now 2 and still uses both as the cot is now set up as a toddler bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you feeling today Channy? I'm aching all over!!! Ouch. Considered taking the day off but standing at train station waiting for the train as I type this!!

Angel Baby ~Skye~ 21/11/2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin859 View Post
    How are you feeling today Channy? I'm aching all over!!! Ouch. Considered taking the day off but standing at train station waiting for the train as I type this!!

Angel Baby ~Skye~ 21/11/2012
    Oh you poor thing take it easy, ur growing a person xx

Luckily I am feeling ok, I went to bed at 8 and got up at 7:15 this morning so have had a big sleep as I was pretty tired, just didn't stop yesterday.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

munchkin859  (16-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Cute bump Channy. Def not huge. Well done for doing the city to bay

Waiting, yay for maternity leave

Mumsical, congrats and welcome. Great looking BFP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    Well I thought saving money would be a good thing since we are building a house too. Know i wont be allowed a bugaboo as they cost too much same as the boori sleigh cot i want but not budging on the cot lol. I look massive but only 10 wks doesnt help being 84kgs and only 163 cms.
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I got a boori sleigh cot, I love it. I had it picked before I got pregnant.
    If you get one, you may want to let people know that it is a large cot. We got so many mattress protectors and sheets that we can't use because they don't fit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mumsical have added you to the list

Michelle hope your mums boyfriend is ok.

Channy well done on doing a 12km walk when pregnant, I couldn't do that when not pregnant.

NicT great to see you in here, glad things are going well.

waiting I hope you don't overdo it in the garden, I did heaps of gardening right at the end too

Wobbler hope you are feeling better soon. Pity you missed out on your bargain. I love bargains.

Munchkin try and take it easy today

We are good. DP is away again and River was up most of the night but she is now snoozing in her swing

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

MichelleClareBear  (16-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks ladies, he is doing okay considering. He had a triple bypass when he was 34 years old (eek) and this is the first one since then and be just turned 50! He is still in hospital but it was only a minor one thank god!

Waiting, I think it's good to stay busy while pregnant! I am not working at the moment but I'm always on the go and definitely don't sit around watching tv all day how boring.

Toni hope this week without DP goes quick! Is he staying home after this trip or is he back off somewhere again? Hope he had a lovely birthday.

Muchkin hope you aren't too sore today, rest up as much as you can.

wobbler enjoy looking at baby stuff, it's so much fun and so easy to go bananas and spend up big! We got our pram,high chair and car seat brand new but got the change table and cot second hand and repainted both and they look good as new. Hoping my dad will buy us a capsule.

As for me, had my 28 week appt today, 28 week bloods taken and my GCT today. Hope the results come back good. Fundal height measuring 27cm but a little bit small but they aren't really accurate. Bub is head down and ready to go!
    Also booked in for the walk through of the maternity ward in two weeks and then a week after that start my breast feeding classes.

Nearly at the finish line... Yay