Closed Thread
Page 31 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissFaery View Post
    Channy - the Ybarra valley is great, I used to live there! And plenty of activities and relaxing to do. I'm hoping to get away somewhere around April next year, just not sure where yet.
    I think bub will come on Saturday (bubs due date!) hopefully your right and it is before Sunday, I'm feeling over it now.
    If I'm still going by Tuesday I have another acupuncture appt then to help things along.
    Is there any attractions u recommend?, I'm def taking a day of expressing so I can try a few wines, oh how I miss wine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    Is there any attractions u recommend?, I'm def taking a day of expressing so I can try a few wines, oh how I miss wine.
    Heallesville is a nice place and the Sanctuary (like a zoo) is worth a visit. Warbuton is also another nice little town. Check out the local tourist info website and they might have more info.

I miss wine too but must admit I have a tasting glass that I sometimes have some red wine in when DH cracks a nice bottle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love healesville sanctuary. Can't wait to take River when she is bigger.

Here is a pic of River smiling
    River at Market.jpg

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    MsF, I'm glad you're feeling better

Channy, sounds eventful. That was nice of you to round up there puppies. That's great that you're planning your family holiday. We're taking Sienna on a cruise in Feb, can't wait. I wanted to squeeze in a holiday before I had to go back to work.
    We went to the Margaret River when DD was almost 1.5yrs and went to wineries that were family friendly. We went to a winery in the AM. Back to the accommodation for naptime and lunch then back to a winery or two in the afternoon. It was a great getaway with the 3 of us. How exciting!

Miss F - hopefully it's not too long now. Glad the acupuncture helped.

Toni - she is adorable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!
    Still here and reading along, waiting for MissF and her bub!
    When I get time, I'll also head over the baby grads as well as staying here.
    DH and I had great chat last night about the birth and finally I am not an emotional wreck! Needed to have the talk - make sure you girls have that chat after the labour! Didn't realise how healing it could be and for him as well!
    Chelsea is going great!! Latching on to one boob like a champ and we have issues with other!!! Tonight I am trying to wake her for feeds and let her feed from 1 boob and 'drain' it. If she wants the other, I will offer, but last night , after this, she slept for 3.5 hrs!!! Was awesome!! But it does change daily! So we will see.
    We have had 2 outings now and she has done well! We have about 2 full hours before she stirs, so there is a lot of prep before we go and no dilly dallying along!
    Sorry for no personals. Had the whooping cough injection today and feel like I have the chills! So on my phone!
    Here is a pic of my lil miss
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1378380015.345062.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SquiggsMom View Post
    We went to the Margaret River when DD was almost 1.5yrs and went to wineries that were family friendly. We went to a winery in the AM. Back to the accommodation for naptime and lunch then back to a winery or two in the afternoon. It was a great getaway with the 3 of us. How exciting!

Miss F - hopefully it's not too long now. Glad the acupuncture helped.

Toni - she is adorable!
    Oh I didn't even think of if wineries were family friendly, guess ill have to look into that since ill have a 3month old baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Miss Faery- glad the acupuncture helped you. I had sessions once weekly from 35 weeks then twice weekly from 38 weeks and it really helped soften my cervix and prepare my body. Even my midwife agreed! I used lots of acupressure points myself at home too, there are ones on your hands, shoulders and legs that your acupuncturist is probably already stimulating. But you can also Google them or I can find the name of a good website I used if you're interested, can't remember it now!

Miss X- I agree about debriefing after birth if there is stuff you need to work through or understand. I did this with my midwife, my student midwife and my husband (who also needed the debrief after what he saw!). It was reassuring and healing. I was told I had a choice for how to look at the birth. Which made a lot of sense for me. So would also recommended talking it through afterwards if you ladies feel the need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Miss X- I agree about debriefing after birth if there is stuff you need to work through or understand. I did this with my midwife, my student midwife and my husband (who also needed the debrief after what he saw!). It was reassuring and healing. I was told I had a choice for how to look at the birth. Which made a lot of sense for me. So would also recommended talking it through afterwards if you ladies feel the need.
    That's a really good tip. Just wanted to thank you both for mentioning it as I don't know if its something I would have necessarily done! TY!

Angel Baby ~Skye~ 21/11/2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissFaery View Post
    Hi Smurfy, who are you cruising with? I only ask as I wanted to take bub on a cruise but though it has to be 12 months old...
    We're going with Royal Caribbean. They will take them from 6 months provided there isn't 3 or more sea days in a row.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Munchkin, I am not necessarily someone to have done it either. Normally if something upsets me/angers me, I deal with it and move on.
    With this though, it wasn't just about me and while I wanted to be proud of the birth, every time I thought of it, I would cry - although not sad! Wasn't sure why!!
    So after talking to DH I realiSed that I thought he had not thought much of me when I couldn't push and was annoyed at me and that I gave up!! Apparently I was telling him and the midwife 'no, I just want to go home - I am not doing this anymore!' (I do remember that now haha!) and he said that he was frustrated because he didn't know how to help me and knew that I really didn't want a c-section, but in that moment I told them I didn't care!! So I get it!!
    He was really great about our chat and gave me the biggest cuddles and told me how proud of me he is and that I gave us our daughter and how amazing is that??? Told me to never be sad as for him it was the best!!
    I also thought that she had been fully pulled out and that I didn't do any of the work! He told me that was not the case at all and all they did was turn her head and once turned, took off the caps and that I did push her out!!
    So by being able to talk made me realise that I did actually do a lot more than I thought!!
    Since then, I have not been emotional whatsoever!!! Very healing and cleansing!!
    It was also great to get his perspective on it.