Closed Thread
Page 23 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Rainbow, you look great, not frumpy at all

FTM, Vale looks very cute

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (03-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for sharing your birth story Miss X. You should feel very proud of yourself. Don't at all feel ashamed or embarrassed. Enjoy the kisses and cuddles with your precious little girl x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The problem with post natal fashion is making sure you can BF easily without exposing yourself! I was really looking forward to no longer wearing the same old maternity jeans and tops I had been living in during pregnancy, but now I am in the same situation as I have to wear BF friendly ones! Plus I constantly feel a mess as only ever get about two mins to get ready in the morning at a time when neither Meadow or Toby need anything from me. I've been fantasising about a night out wearing a nice pair of heels, dress and perfect hair! Minus the milk stains on my chest and baby sick covered muslin over my shoulder, lol. Oh and with a big glass of wine in my hand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow: Thats a gorgeous bump you have there.

FTM: vale is so adorable.

As for how you look and people's comments. I am overweight so didn't even start to look pregnant until at least 22w. DP is a Dr Who fan and started telling me around 30w I looked like I'd swallowed a planet. By the end that changed to looking like the solar system. At June market another stall holder overheard me saying I only had 2.5w to go, she stopped me and said she wasn't sure if I was always that big or if I was pregnant. Yep people suck when it comes to making you feel pregnant and horrible! With maternity clothes they don't make any pants in my size so I went for skirts and leggings for warmth.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (03-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all so much ladies. I posted without reading it first and so re-read it and yes, very detailed and raw. I am happy enough, but there is something upsetting me obviously, so I will spend some time talking with DH to figure out what it is! Thank you for taking the time to read it and commenting on how you could relate

I posted on Facebook tonight that I want to start my own maternity top line!! My boobs are HUGE and I have had to tear the holes bigger to fit my jugs through!!! At home I am just stripping off when feeding. Lots of friends have suggested feeding singlets under tops, so I will check those out!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love feeding singlets. Nursing clothes are awkward and totally suck. I'm wearing some of my old strappy tops and just take one strap off and drop the whole top down on that side to feed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss X I love feeding singlets. Means you can wear a normal top over singlet and just lift it up to feed and unclip the singlet. A singlet means your tummy area is also covered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss x thats a lovely story. Especially for us first timers. Most people just tell you the short sugar coated version, which wouldnt prepare us for the actual day. But this might help a little.

Mrs LA, I am 22 +2 and haven't started showing much yet. I lost a bit of weight before falling preg, and so my old clothes are a bit loose and still fit me. In my last meet up with my DIG, everyone kept asking me where my belly was. Everyone else had such defined ones and I had nothing. A few more weeks, then it would be difficult to hide I guess.

As for inlaws, I am from a diff country and we can't really say no to elders. The good part is that after my inlaws go, my parents are gonna come for a month or so too. I cant wait for them to be here and play with their grandson. He will be alert enough for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awww MrsLA... I know how you feel! I've had the occasional teary hormonal breakdown that results in me eating ice cream and chocolate demanding to know if DF still loves me haha.
    He still doesn't quite know what to say when I'm like this but he has learnt I'm much nicer after ice cream a cuddle and a hot bath

maternity clothes are so expensive and the ones that are reasonably priced looks like a 50 year old should be wearing it! It's like designers think pregnant ladies should be wearing potato sacks or something! I've got a few nice dresses and that's it... I can't wear Maxi's I have huge boobs and I don't like showing them off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm jealous of you ladies and your huge boobs.