Closed Thread
Page 21 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am having my first real irrational/hormonal/teary night tonight and DH does not know what to do with me
    Im feeling so fat and frumpy, my clothes don't fit, my shoes aren't even comfortable and Im tired and my body is aching from carrying around the extra 10.5 kg, and DH doesn't tell me im beautiful (not that he ever has been the type to say things like that off the cuff)
    So what do I do, cry, don't finish my perfectly healthy dinner and then eat chocolate and ice cream OMG I am my own worst enemy

Thanks for listening to my vent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Miss XamX- thank you for your birth story. I can relate to you on a couple of things. First, the pushing. I struggled with this too and felt I was tensing up against the contractions for the first part of each one as the pain was immense. Despite all the hypnobirthing practice! I never really had the urge to push, that bearing down you hear about. But my midwife said for first vaginal births it can take women a long while to get the hang of it, so don't beat yourself up. I was only pushing 15 mins before I required intervention due to her heart rate, but also felt I let myself down by needing the vacuum then forceps. I've come to terms with it now and know it wasn't me, I just didn't have a chance to learn how to push due to her having difficulties.

Also, i never felt that immediate rush of love for either of my babies at birth. I thought Meadow looked odd at first too. But it didn't last long.

I think its good to talk honestly about these things

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    I am having my first real irrational/hormonal/teary night tonight and DH does not know what to do with me
    Im feeling so fat and frumpy, my clothes don't fit, my shoes aren't even comfortable and Im tired and my body is aching from carrying around the extra 10.5 kg, and DH doesn't tell me im beautiful (not that he ever has been the type to say things like that off the cuff)
    So what do I do, cry, don't finish my perfectly healthy dinner and then eat chocolate and ice cream OMG I am my own worst enemy

MrsLA I'll tell you, you're a beautiful person and you're growing a healthy bubba in there!!!!

Eat that ice cream and chocolate and have a good nights rest and hopefully you feel a bit better tomorrow. It's a fresh new day!

Angel Baby ~Skye~ 21/11/2012

4. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin859 For This Useful Post:

MrsLA  (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin859 View Post
    MrsLA I'll tell you, you're a beautiful person and you're growing a healthy bubba in there!!!!

Eat that ice cream and chocolate and have a good nights rest and hopefully you feel a bit better tomorrow. It's a fresh new day!

Thanks Munchkin, I really appreciate your kind thoughts. It made me smile and cry at the same time! lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsLA For This Useful Post:

munchkin859  (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    MissX, thanks so much for sharing our story, and for your honesty. It's sounds like you had a rough time of it. Just remember you are amazing!! You brought a baby into this world, that is a fantastic achievement. You have nothing to be ashamed of. And I completely agree about the epidural. I will definitely be having one next time.

MrsLA, I hope you are feeling happier soon. Pregnancy messes with your hormones big time. I'm sure you are looking gorgeous. I'm sure your DH thinks you're beautiful, he just isn't one to say it. Eat as much chocolate as you want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MissX thanks for sharing. Sorry you had a crappy midwife to begin. Don't be ashamed of anything you did, birth is so frustrating when you are trying to explain things and people just don't get it. You did great!

MrsLA Anyone growing a baby is beautiful and has permission to eat what they want whilst pregnant. Be kind to yourself!\

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    MrsLA, my dp is a bit of a sausage too and just has no idea how to say the right thing! Enjoy your ice cream :

No word from the hospital so I hope that means I'm clear! I'll probably be nervous until Wednesday though.

I didn't have to fast for the GCT. I ate dinner as normal, then brekky (porridge) about 2 hrs before the test and then nothing. I wouldn't eat a bowl of fruit loops before it though!
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Munchkin, I really appreciate your kind thoughts. It made me smile and cry at the same time! lol
    Anytime lovely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MissX - be proud of your honesty and you did it! You made Chelsea and birthed her, even if it was hard! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story. It's great to hear how in love you are and enjoying mummy hood.

Nothing to report here. :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Oh huni I feel ur pain, I am having a blah time at the moment too. Stupid men hardly ever say the right thing either haha, I wish they could know what it feels like to be progressively busting out of all ur clothes and constantly tired.