Closed Thread
Page 18 of 83 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually, they have a genuine reason for wanting to come earlier, so I cant really say anything to them. FIL has recently joined a new job as professor, and wont get too many leaves. His current semester ends nov mid, and new semester starts jan mid, so they want to utilise that time, which is understandable.

I am hoping their visa takes time to come, so that they come a bit late. I just want to be able to celebrate our first wedding anniversary just between the two of us, and its on 9 dec. so, i am hoping and praying they come after that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, still here, pains subsided! Not fun, I kinda get excited they are going to turn into something and then disappear but could still be a sign that it isn't too far away (fx crossed anyway).

MCB sorry to here they terminated your contract early.
    MID it might be different this time with the inn laws, well positive thinking for you. Be nice to have someone to clean and wash for you.

No other news with me.....ill let you know when there is.

Dying to hear MissX labour story, hope everything is going well for her.

Rainbow, I thought you'd grab some of those MCNs!

rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't know how I did it, they were sold out pretty quickly. Lucky timing I guess!

MCB - that sucks about your contract

AFM- I saw the obstetrician on Thursday and did the GCT too. All was good with baby, my fundal height was 29cm and I was 28+2 so that was good. Hb was fine, but she couldn't hold it long as he was hiding from here.

No protein in my urine and my BP was fine so that's great, means zero signs of preeclampsia at this stage. She referred me for a 30 week growth scan because it's standard if you've had a 24 week one, so that's good. And he was head down so I hope he stays that we - he has been head down since 20 weeks.

But now I'm waiting to hear (or hopefully not hear) from the hospital as I was told they'd call if there is a problem, most likely by Monday. So holding my breath, hoping that there's no news but I probably won't relax til Wednesday!

If my sugars were high I'll have to do the 3 hr GTT. If my haemoglobin is low ill have to have iron supps.

Less worried about that, just want my BSLs to be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats great rainbow. Hope all the other results come back gud too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Michelle that sucks about your contract! Yay for nearing the start of third trimester.

Waiting hope you feel better soon.

MiD hope you can do nursery soon. Sucks about in-laws. Just tell them you need lots of rest and go to bed with a good book.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mommyindec View Post
    Michelle, I dont know why, DH is just not comfortable telling people yet. Specially this one friend. His mum and DH's mum are neighbours back in India, and she is a chatterbox. If she finds out, she will tell the whole neighbourhood, which we don't want. I guess we will have to tell them once the belly pops out.

I am so unhappy looking at the room now, I even had to take down the blue hearts thing you had made for me, and that was my favourite part of the room.
    That sucks I couldn't not tell anyone I get far too excited and let things slip all the time haha.

Aww no well you'll be able to put it back up soon and it'll look great once the nursery is all finished!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its a bit scary seeing my ticker closer to the end than the beginning now! Eep

Going to a concert in 12 days time hope the music doesn't hurt the baby's poor ears!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry to hear about ur contract MCB

Hope u feel better waiting

Glad the results came back ok rainbow

Hoping bub comes soon MissF

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah bummer MsFaery!!! I dont think it will be long now though for you... sounds like your body is gearing up now!

Rainbow - glad to hear your results have come back ok

MID - Frustrating about your ILs, hope they wont be too annoying and you can get some time out

Arrgh what a morning, sorry need to vent! I applied for parenting payment over a month ago cos Im hardly working anymore (1 day per week) as my teaching contract finished, so Im only on call. Its taken 6 weeks to get any info from C/Link, and today I received 5 letters - some saying it had been approved, some saying it had been cut off (WTF??!!) So 2 hours on the phone later........ even though we are earning the same as we were 4 years ago when I had DD (in fact, I will earn LESS this financial year than I did when I ceased work with her) we are only eligible for under 1/2 of what we used to receive. Dont get me wrong, Im grateful for being eligible for anything but it seems strange that even though costs have risen, our income hasnt yet we are eligible for LESS? Only working 1 day per week cuts me off from payments. And DH is FAR from a high earner.. earns very little. I just dont get it I know we can do it, as we are very good at living on very little cos we did while I wasnt working with DD, its just so frustrating that its going to be even less now but more mouths to feed...not at all what I expected. I may not even be eligible for the paid maternity leave scheme

Anyway, on a brighter note we finally moved the stuff in to the babys room yesterday. Its not set up properly yet but DD and I started sorting through some clothes. She was so excited. Washed some of them and put them out to get some sun (particularly all the whites) - its quite surreal seeing baby clothes back on the washing line again! going to scrub the pram(s) today (one Im keeping, one is being sold) while we have nice weather.

rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Anyone else have or had a chronic hiccuper? I fear I'm going to have a guzzler on the outside!!!

Waiting - I can't believe you're next in line after MissF!!!

And then me