+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How much to express?

DS (6 weeks) has finally started going more than a couple of hours between feeds overnight - hurrah!

Unfortunately my boobs didnt get the memo yet so I can't enjoy the extra sleep cos I'm waking feeling incredibly uncomfortable. I feel like I can't breathe with 2 concrete beach balls on my chest!!

I know I need to wait it out for my supply to regulate, but in the mean time I reeeeeally need to express a bit to get some sleep.

How much is too much? It's such a relief that I worry I'm over doing it and just reinforcing the problem.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Only express just enough to feel a little more comfortable - you will still probably feel very full, just not painfully full. I would hand express at those times, a pump will probably be expressing too much. It should only take a couple of days for supply to adjust. And woohoo for a bit extra sleep!!

Similar Threads

1. Can't express much anymore
    By hollychops in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2013, 21:06
  2. How much is normal to express?
    By Tamtam in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 22-12-2012, 16:37
  3. To Express or not?
    By Donnab739 in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 15