+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mara86 View Post
    Hi just wanted to
    Check in and see how it all went
    Just still resting up in hospital ( we get 4 nights after birth)
    It wasn't really scary at all and if it had to happen again I'm not afraid of it.
    arrived in hospital 7pm, gel went in around 10:15pm. Monitored then taken to the room just before midnight.
    Tried to get some sleep and felt slight trickle around 1ish. Called midwife with pain about 330am felt another trickle just before mid left, went to get up to go to toilet and gush waters broke on their own.
    7am went down to delivery room , 3cm dilated, no need to break waters as happened night before. Drugs started to be administered around 8am. Straight away contractions were strong and 4/5 every 10 mins. laboured for 3ish/4 hours with no drugs just kept counting contractions. was hoping at next check I would be at least 6cm as contractions had been intense. Unfortunately was only 4cm as it had taken so long to only get there I asked for an epi ( as contractions were being controlled by drug there wasn't the risk of it slowing down the process).
    Best decision I made, Dr were able to ramp up drugs to really intensify contractions, and by 2:30 I was 10cm already as I wasn't in pain we waited until 320pm until I started to push (moved bed position to allow gravity to assist her down. ) ended up pushing for over an hour and a half until we made the decision that she will need to be assisted via vac extraction.
    3 contractions later out beautiful princess entered the world.
    I have ended up with a 2nd deg tear so in some discomfort with that but missy is feeding and sleeping well.
    Had slight prolong numbness from epi on right side but that's all cleared now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations lovely! That's exciting news! Sounds like your labour wasn't too bad either. Nice work mama. Enjoy your new bundle of joy xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your little bundle of joy! So glad to see your positive attitude about the labour experience. I think an open mind is the best tool you have otherwise disappointment will just get you down. For what it's worth (maybe others reading this thread with the same questions as you), I was induced at 41 weeks with gel inserted at 9pm. Given sleeping tablets at 10pm, woke up with strong contractions around 1am. Walked around the room for a bit and bounced on the ball, then started feeling trickles down my legs. Waters had broken but were coming down in trickles throughout labour. From 1am - 7am I was managing contractions really well, spent a lot of time on the fit ball and in the bath, but then found out I was only 3cm which was a real downer. Internal by midwife was really painful and in hindsight I think she might have performed a S&S without my knowledge, but contractions were manageable and at no stage did my ob or m/w suggest drugs to speed things up so I kept labouring until around 5pm at which point I was exhausted and in quite a bit of pain but at 10cm so started pushing. Ds was born just before 6pm. So active labour was around 11 hours, overall was in labour for around 15-16 hours. And was a very positive experience for me with very minimal intervention even though I was induced.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic to hear congrats on your beautiful baby girl, I am so happy it wasn't a bad experience for you be sure to post up some pics x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    Congratulations on your little bundle of joy! So glad to see your positive attitude about the labour experience. I think an open mind is the best tool you have otherwise disappointment will just get you down. For what it's worth (maybe others reading this thread with the same questions as you), I was induced at 41 weeks with gel inserted at 9pm. Given sleeping tablets at 10pm, woke up with strong contractions around 1am. Walked around the room for a bit and bounced on the ball, then started feeling trickles down my legs. Waters had broken but were coming down in trickles throughout labour. From 1am - 7am I was managing contractions really well, spent a lot of time on the fit ball and in the bath, but then found out I was only 3cm which was a real downer. Internal by midwife was really painful and in hindsight I think she might have performed a S&S without my knowledge, but contractions were manageable and at no stage did my ob or m/w suggest drugs to speed things up so I kept labouring until around 5pm at which point I was exhausted and in quite a bit of pain but at 10cm so started pushing. Ds was born just before 6pm. So active labour was around 11 hours, overall was in labour for around 15-16 hours. And was a very positive experience for me with very minimal intervention even though I was induced.
    Great thing about forums is there are positive stories from others experiences