+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mara86 View Post
    Hi just an idea but my friend was over due and she actually went to see a physio who did some pressure points that can bring on labour no joke 2 hours later her waters broke , I was induced with my first and didn't find it traumatic I think if you go in relaxed and to know what is going on and semi what to expect and you just go with the flow and stay positive things will be ok . Definitely worth checking out these pressure points though good luck
    The accupunture works on these, unfortunately it didnt work last week so fx it works today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    If you are interested in discussing the risks for both options here, i'm sure we can provide some information and literature for you.

Unfortunately, many health care providers don't provide accurate information and just based on the statements that 1) they don't like going 10 days over and 2) they will induce you an extra 3 days earlier because of a weekend makes me question that they are using evidence based medicine.

Good luck with the accupuncture.
    3 days earlier was my choice. My ob provided the facts and is happy for me to go any day

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced with my second.

I had the cervadil inserted at 7am. Contractions started early afternoon. I was 3-4cm at 7pm. Waters were broken at 7:30 and DS was born via water birth at 9pm. It was fast, furious and painful but no other intervention or drugs and was all over pretty quickly.

Good luck, I hope she comes before an induction is needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would wait at least 6 hours after your waters are broken before having the syntocinon drip. In that time walk, walk, walk, squat. And hopefully you will commence contracting on your own.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueLips For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree each experience is different.

My first I was in prelabour from tues night but not engaged so waters were broken thurs morn, not progressing enough 12 hours later so put on syntocin (sp) and went from painful to f'ing unbearable within an hour. Epidural at lunch and DD born via forceps at 10pm Fri night

#2 - worried whole preg about how I'd handle labour again. Bub induced at 37 weeks cause of reduced movement. I voiced my concerns of last labour.
    Had gel on wed evening. Did nothing. Had tape on thurs morn. Did nothing. Broke waters thurs evening then they mentioned syntocin. I freaked out so got an epidural at same time. Best thing I ever did!!
    DS born 5am Friday.
    I'm not someone who's ever had the desire for a drug free birth (I'm in awe of those who can) so 2nd induction for me was perfect. Pain didnt ever get worse than bad gastro type cramping and I dozed from 3cm-10cm then turned epi down to push. It felt very organised and controlled. Showered and having a cuppa within 45 mins.

As long as bub arrived safely was my main concern x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been induced and I've also had a natural labour.. I've been VERY lucky to have two wonderful birth experiences.

My advice is this, my hospital had a policy of constant foetal monitoring with inductions, try and negotiate to avoid this if possible. Ask for say 20 mins monitoring at first, then take monitors off so you can walk around. Stay upright and active. If they insist on cfm, ask for the mobile unit so you don't have cables attached to the machine. If they refuse that too, then stay upright, kneel, stand beside or lean on your bed. Bounce on the fit ball etc.

Also, if your cervix is dialated enough, then ask to just have your waters broken, and negotiate how much time you will wait for labour to begin on its own. Avoid the syntocin wherever possible.

My induction story goes like this, was 4 cms dilated on induction day, had waters broken, they insisted on constant foetal monitoring, I tried negotiating so I got the mobile unit. They were unhappy with the lack if trace they were getting, so I got changed to the normal wired unit, I stayed upright, bounced, moved, knelt. Started contracting. They wanted to put canula in, but couldn't find a vein. Kept contracting, got myself into established labour, they finally found a vein in my arm, and they gave me some antibiotics and fluids.

Labour progressed very quickly, dd2 was born after 50 mins established labour, pushing stage 2 mins. About 2 hours all up from waters being broken. And without the syntocin being used.

I dread to imagine what would have happened if they had have routinely given the syntocin when they wanted too, which was at the same time as breaking waters. It would have been too fast.

Good luck, hopefully labour just starts naturally on its own for you!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all again for sharing your stories, it's great to hear all different sides. We are lucky our hospital has mobile monitoring ( that are water proof) so hopefully if pain isn't to bad I can still be active

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Plan2bamummy For This Useful Post:

Mmumm  (27-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan2bamummy View Post
    Thank you all again for sharing your stories, it's great to hear all different sides. We are lucky our hospital has mobile monitoring ( that are water proof) so hopefully if pain isn't to bad I can still be active
    Excellent!!!! I recommend getting into the bath when the contractions get intense. It realllly helped me stay in control. They could still monitor baby and I was comfortable.
    Sucking on gas & ice cubes in the bathtub is great as well.
    Best of luck! You can do this! Your body was made to do this : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was induced both times. I had big bubbas & I had gestational Diabetes, so I didn't even make it to term in either pregnancy. Both times my cervix wasn't ready and I was in hospital for 24 hours after the gel before my silly cervix was ready for my waters to be broken. Once my waters broke the first time (9am) things took a few hours to get going, but I was fully dilated by 4pm and delivered bub at 6pm (he kept twisting & turning on his way out the little rascal and didn't quite want to make an appearance in a hurry). 2nd time around waters were broken around 9:30am and within 30 minutes I was in full on established labour without any extra drugs. I was fully dilated by 2pm and had bubs at 3:30pm (she got stuck - at the shoulders).

I had an epidural asap after my waters were broken with my 1st, but with my 2nd I really wanted to try without one. But, after the gel, I had 3 minutely 'fake' contractions that were very painful (seemed to be the real thing) for 8 long hours ... so when I had my waters broken the next day I was a little more drained than I would have liked. I lasted 2 hours in real labour (which for me hurt A LOT) before I begged for an epidural (gas made me light headed and I'm allergic to pethidine). Once the epidural went in, things progressed really quickly so I was very glad for the epidural.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced with my second. I didn't have the gel as I was already 3-4cm when I came in to the hospital (I had been 3-4 from my ob appt 5 days earlier).

I had an absolutely wonderful induction experience, I had the drip inserted, waters broken & bub delivered within an hour! (I have to say though my first was only a 4hr labour, so I loved that birth too!). That's probably why my induction was so fast & that my body was getting ready on its own.

I wouldn't be scared if I had to have an induction again, I had heard so many horror stories-so I try to tell everyone my positive story 😊 wishing you all the best for your upcoming birth!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi just wanted to
    Check in and see how it all went

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mara86 For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (31-08-2013),SugarSkull  (01-09-2013)