+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Informal vote

I saw this floating around on FaceBook.

Kinda makes sense! Not exactly up with political debates as such, all I know is personally I don't trust Kevin Rudd and I admit I am normally a liberal voter: however something isn't sitting right with Tony Abbott either..

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kMCatft...%3DkMCatftpwZo

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I couldn't view the video (not sure why) but can't for the life of me work out why people want to vote informal. The only people who see their ballot papers are aec employees, no politicians.

They count for nothing. I heard a guy on the radio talking about protest votes, saying that if you leave all boxes blank and enough people do it the government will get the idea. Um no, if you leave all boxes blank your ballot is seen by the people counting then binned.

If you want to protest vote for neither of the major parties first and preference them last. If you don't want to vote, dont, just get your name signed off as attending, there is a form for it

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

PlayNice  (02-09-2013),~ElectricPink~  (26-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I think a lot of people are not happy with either side... Def feels like picking the lesser of 2 evils like the video said at the start. Not sure about the informal voting idea, it's really just not voting and won't make an actual/practical difference, will just show the level of dissatisfaction. I will vote for someone and will vote below the line in the senate to control my preferences

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tashee For This Useful Post:

FruitBowl  (27-08-2013),~ElectricPink~  (26-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Why vote informal? We have a preferential voting system! You don't have to choose between 'the lesser of two evils'....

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Moose Caboose For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (27-08-2013),ChickyBee  (27-08-2013),DJ Nette  (27-08-2013),FruitBowl  (28-08-2013),mixinitup  (27-08-2013),PlayNice  (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ultimately it will be out of 2 parties for who forms govt and in most seats ultimately your vote will go to one of them so for me I see it as choosing between the lesser of 2 evils as far as house of reps and who forms govt is concerned even if you preference them last and second to last, second to last will get the vote (in most seats). It is important to me to vote below the line for the senate and control the preferences there, need a mix in the senate so there is scrutiny, otherwise things like Work Choices happen!

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    But if you have a strong independent in your area, it won't come down to the preferences. Look at the influence the independents have had during the current governments reign

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

FruitBowl  (27-08-2013),PlayNice  (02-09-2013)