Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You're only human

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Have you apologised to her?

I apologise to my kids if I feel I reacted badly to a situation. Explain that you did the wrong thing. But also explain her behaviour was bad. And explain how you both should have acted.

no, not exactly i tucked her in bed and just wanted to put it all behind us.
    That protective mother instinct sure kicked in, it was like a reflex to hit her back, i scared myself even. i was so upset my DS got caught in the middle of it all.
    DH apparently had words with her in the bath. I just didnt want to bring it up again.
    great reinforcemnt, hey.
    Last edited by B00ts; 26-08-2013 at 22:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodness I think I probably would have had a similar kind of reaction. It's the mother bear in us that makes us so protective of our baby! My bub got hurt once or twice by the 3 year old and I found it so very upsetting to see my poor innocent baby treated roughly.
    I'm one of those people with high ideals about how I should behave as a mother. I have a whole range of 'shoulds' and 'should nots' in my head. Things I never wanted to ever do (such as smack). But last year when I had a baby (now much easier as is a toddler) I broke so many of my own rules and it just bent my head and broke my heart.
    I look back on that year and I had so many moments I am anything but proud of. There is just so much pressure especially when you have the terrible two's to deal with as well as a needy baby.
    I understand your anguish completely as definitely been there. I just treat the next day as new and try to start over and do my very best again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime For This Useful Post:

B00ts  (26-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't be so hard on yourself!! I'd say all of us lose our cool at times!! I reacted badly a couple of weeks ago when my eldest hurt her little sister and it made me better to go and give DD1 a cuddle and explain why mummy was so cross afterwards ( once wed all had time to cool off) 2/3 years old are seriously hard work sometimes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Like every other post on here has said; don't be so hard on yourself. It was a first reaction, yeah- maybe not your proudest of moments but it is what it is and maybe you can learn something from it. It's a good time to sit back and think how should that have been handled, avoided etc etc

I don't know a parent that hasn't been in this situation at least once (some, like myself are unfortunately experts).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that was an understandable reaction and honestly a slap back isn't going to scar her for life, maybe she'd realize how not nice it is to get slapped. Honestly she won't even remember it in a day or two and it sounds like you gave her plenty of warning. I got slapped plenty by my mum I'm perfectly adjusted successful grown woman.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Don't be too hard on yourself.. I did the same thing with DS on the weekend : ( He bit me really hard on the inside of my arm and I slapped him across the face. I didn't even have time to think. It just happened. I cried for 2 hours afterwards because I felt so terrible.
    You're only human. Things like this happen. It's the fight or flight instinct.