+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For those with toddlers in glasses... There is a website and fb group called Little Four Eyes. They are brilliant.. Wealth of information, advice and support. I couldn't have gotten through the last few years without their advice and support. My 2 yr old dd loves looking at the pictures other members post of their little four eyed beauties. There aren't many 2 yr olds with glasses so its great for both of us to connect with others.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Moose Caboose  (28-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My ds was exactly like spotty socks dd. we actually just picked up his glasses today! He has to wear them full time but ii think he will take a couple of weeks to get used to them. We go back to the hospital in 3 months to see if his eyes have improved at all and if his script needs changing at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I agree that you don't always realise how crap your eyesight is until you've worn glasses.

I didn't wear my glasses for years and years... and then started when I started driving. Then I went from wearing them never, to wearing them every day because I realised that TV was actually quite clear if your eyes work. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrswhitehouse View Post
    My ds was exactly like spotty socks dd. we actually just picked up his glasses today! He has to wear them full time but ii think he will take a couple of weeks to get used to them. We go back to the hospital in 3 months to see if his eyes have improved at all and if his script needs changing at all.

We have to have her eyes checked next month, 3 months after she started wearing them. DD has been so good about wearing her glasses, will be interesting to see if there has been any improvement or change.

Hope your son goes well & keeps his glasses on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    For those with toddlers in glasses... There is a website and fb group called Little Four Eyes. They are brilliant.. Wealth of information, advice and support. I couldn't have gotten through the last few years without their advice and support. My 2 yr old dd loves looking at the pictures other members post of their little four eyed beauties. There aren't many 2 yr olds with glasses so its great for both of us to connect with others.
    Thanks, will check them out. My DD is 5, so no longer a toddler but would still be good to read other stories & see pics.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SpottySocks For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (27-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpottySocks View Post
    Thanks, will check them out. My DD is 5, so no longer a toddler but would still be good to read other stories & see pics.
    there's older kids too. It was great for me as my dd is the first in our family with sight problems so we were useless. We have learnt so much and also given great advice on the best glasses for toddlers etc..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    My dd got glasses at 1 and a half.
    Wow! It must be hard to keep the glasses on their faces at such a young age - I'm thinking sticky tape, superglue...

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was at first but with a bit of persistence she got used to them pretty quick. She is super cute and strangers always comment on how pretty she looks in her glasses so that helps with her wanting to wear them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Moose Caboose  (28-08-2013)